D

depressionkills

Jul 14, 2020
Hi,

Anyone here having intense regrets about the past?

Different choices that could be made that wouldn't cause you to CTB?

I have INTENSE regrets about the past EACH day that's eating me alive. Everytime I think about it, I want to CTB.

• Love
Reactions: shush, NekoNomNom, VIBRITANNIA and 8 others
R

rt1989526

Paragon
Aug 2, 2020
Yes big time. 3-4 events in my life have led me here, I fucked my life up and theres really no fix at this point.

Reactions: NekoNomNom, ExitStageLeft and Astral316
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
Hi,

I have INTENSE regrets about the past EACH day that's eating me alive. Everytime I think about it, I want to CTB.

Yes. I've had enough money, time and opportunities to do whatever I wanted to with my life, but I wasted them. Now I barely get by. I think about this every day.

A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
Hi,

Yes, they're one of the main drivers.

T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
Yes. Regrets about the past are one of my ctb reasons and my mind tortures me everyday because I can't do anything to correct my past mistakes. What is done it's done. There's nothing to do but to accept. You are not alone. Hope you feel better. Hugs

Reactions: TheSoundofTime, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and Mm80
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Yes. In the past ive made mistakes and had regrets, but they have usually faded away with time and perspective. On this occasion my regret has tortured me every day and it was from years ago. Its like im being haunted by my past and time or anything i try is not making a difference, hence the reason im sure ill ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
they arent my reasons for wanting to ctb but they do weight pretty heavy on me. i have difficulty celebrating my bday because of one of my mistakes....

vacant_n

vacant_n

Aug 13, 2020
If I could just go back to pre-COVID times and tweak things slightly, I probably wouldn't even be here.

Reactions: Gamja
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I have a lot of regret, a lot. I try not to dwell on them and try to remind myself that I can't change the past, but it's not easy to accept. Regret is a horrible thing to have.

Reactions: TheSoundofTime and Gamja
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Yes it's a main reason for me. My entire life is pretty much one big regret and had I taken a couple different paths or a few things were different I probably wouldn't be suicidal right now and planning to exit.

TheSoundofTime

TheSoundofTime

In time you will find peace...
Aug 9, 2020
Past memories and mistakes that I have made are the main reason I am considering suicide. It would be easier to forget them in time if they were not so damn intrusive into my everyday life ....

• Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I regret many things. I regret wasting my life, the arrogance of my youth, trusting doctors. I regret some things that are too personal to share here. I feel guilty. I am guilty.
I regret some of the interactions I've had on here.
But guilt and regret are worthless and serve no function save to drag us down. Can't change any of it. Learn. Move on. Keep learning. Not easy though, especially when you were raised in the wild by Irish Catholic priests. :shy:

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
Intrusive thoughts about the past are one of the reasons I am eager to ctb.

Reactions: TheSoundofTime
Deleted-User-0

Deleted-User-0

Experienced
Jan 30, 2020
In my humble opinion it's absurd to have any regrets about the past. All those decisions probably meant to be the best decisions at the time when they were made and when time passes by we start realising they weren't and that's part of life cycle.
So no regrets for me I just look at it as a chapter of a book whether there were roses at the ensnared or thorns.

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I'm really only CTB over one regret from years ago but I could list more that are contributing towards it. I also don't think regrets are rational to have as you very likely couldn't have done differently anyway.

• Hugs
Reactions: Homecoming
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
I'm really only CTB over one regret from years ago but I could list more that are contributing towards it. I also don't think regrets are rational to have as you very likely couldn't have done differently anyway.

The fact that you couldn't have done differently can be a source of regret too. Knowing that you were powerless. A lot of the things that trouble me are irrational, but regardless of the amount of reasoning I use to try to give myself a different outlook, the irrational always seems to win. It is something that is deep inside my flesh and bones, so to speak, and rational arguments are futile. That is the reason why therapy doesn't work.

U

Ulisses

Arcanist
Feb 21, 2020
yes my teenage years sucked, and my college life was a big mistake.

• Aww..
Reactions: Homecoming
H

Homecoming

Wizard
Aug 14, 2020
Yup, huge... HUGE regrets! If only time machine exist... oh well :aw:

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i regret almost everything i do, no matter how small it is, immediately after i do it.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and ExitStageLeft