Shiv15

Shiv15

Student
Sep 3, 2020
So I was wondering, If I were to get caught with being in possession of SN or if it were to be stopped in the customs, what should i say? What should my argument be for ordering SN or being in possession of SN?

• Hugs
Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
It depends which country you live in..

In a country like the uk, you can just deny you ordered it, that it was a wrong order or that they must have sent it to the wrong address.

You can always say that you were going to try meat curing, and that you were unaware it was a restricted substance.

If it comes to it, you can always come clean and say that you were suicidal and bought it on impulse, but that you now realise your mistake or something

I'm not sure there's much that can be done to you legally. It may be restricted but it's not illegal to possess. I think

Last edited:
Reactions: Stepheng7287, Ghost2211, Mm80 and 2 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Well, it is used for meat and I know people make beef jerky and things at home. Or maybe you bought meat fresh from the farmer.

Reactions: Shiv15
Shiv15

Shiv15

Student
Sep 3, 2020
well I live in Australia, and in my state, it's quite illegal here.

If someone else lives in Australia or knows about it, would appreciate some advice.

Reactions: purplesmoothie
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
well I live in Australia, and in my state, it's quite illegal here.

If someone else lives in Australia or knows about it, would appreciate some advice.
australia national code of practice for chemicals of security concern:

Under 'S':
Sodium azide
Sodium chlorate
Sodium cyanide
Sodium fluoroacetate
Sodium perchlorate
Sodium nitrate
Strychnine
Sulfur dichloride
Sulfur monochloride
Sulphuric acid

Sodium nitrite is not listed.
Are you sure it's not just a substance restricted to businesses and corporations?
So if an individual buys it from someone, it's the person selling it that's liable, not the buyer?

Shiv15

Shiv15

Student
Sep 3, 2020

Under 'S':
Sodium azide
Sodium chlorate
Sodium cyanide
Sodium fluoroacetate
Sodium perchlorate
Sodium nitrate
Strychnine
Sulfur dichloride
Sulfur monochloride
Sulphuric acid

Are you sure it's not just a substance restricted to businesses and corporations?
So if an individual buys it from someone, it's the person selling it that's liable, not the buyer?

It is a schedule 7 drug. It comes under "Dangerous Poisons". Maybe it's illegal in Western Australia.

Though yeah, business and corporations can buy SN if they have a license.

I did buy some SN yesterday. I do hope it comes through.

Under 'S':
Sodium azide
Sodium chlorate
Sodium cyanide
Sodium fluoroacetate
Sodium perchlorate
Sodium nitrate
Strychnine
Sulfur dichloride
Sulfur monochloride
Sulphuric acid

Last edited:
Reactions: esse_est_percipi
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
It is a schedule 7 drug. It comes under "Dangerous Poisons"
But there are lots of things you can buy which are dangerous, or potentially dangerous, poisons..detergents, household cleaners, paints, antifreeze, rat poisons...I don't see why sodium nitrite should be targeted specifically.
Really fed up with these government regulations telling us what substances we can and can't buy.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
If it gets stuck at customs you will unfortunate have to lie and say you didn't order it and don't know what it is (therefore lose your money and SN) because otherwise you could be charged. I guess you could also say that you wanna cure meat or something like that, but maybe they would want more proof for that
If you live in Europe and wanna order SN is better to order only from Europe cause unless it's 50+ $ it won't get stuck at customs. And SN is cheap so it's gonna be under 50 for sure

E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
If it gets stuck at customs you will unfortunate have to lie and say you didn't order it and don't know what it is
yeah, you can just keep denying it, and it's your word against theirs.
They can't do anything if they just intercept a package of sn with your name and address on it.
For all they know someone could have got the name/address wrong, or could be playing a trick on you. I can't see how it could go any further than that.

Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019

Under 'S':
Sodium azide
Sodium chlorate
Sodium cyanide
Sodium fluoroacetate
Sodium perchlorate
Sodium nitrate
Strychnine
Sulfur dichloride
Sulfur monochloride
Sulphuric acid

Thats how i understood it. In the uk its called a reportable substance and i believe the onus is on the seller to be responsible in who they send it too. Not sure about Aus.