• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

fedupsoul

fedupsoul

Confused
Jan 19, 2021
I thought of a test to check if the 5kg pressure is actually accurate or bullshit. We could in theory fill a bag with 5 x 1L bottles of water and tie the rope/belt/scarf to the bag handle. Then run the rope/belt/scarf over a ligature point which is sturdy and make a noose at the other end of the rope/belt/scarf and put it around the neck and bend over forwards head down till the bag with water bottles is suspended. If this does not compress the carotid arteries shut then we know we're dealing with bullshit info meant to mislead people
And we can increase the weight with another bottle
If it works then you would probably die if you collapse and lose consciousness due to carotid compression
This way we can always increase the weight till we reach a point where we are sure the trachea won't close and we can breathe and the point where it does compress the arteries we can sit on the floor and ctb without ever suspending at all and our airway fully intact no broken bones

any thing I left out any scenarios to be considered ?? Thought ??

Reactions: CoolGuy9, oversizedsweaters and user667
B

bob12

Mar 8, 2021
I tried it by laying on a bed, putting my head on a chair next to it, and in the interstice putting a cord attached to 6x1.5L of water around my neck.

I really did not get good results, probably because my neck muscles were extremely tense: the chair was not that close to the bed, so my shoulders and neck were hanging in the air. I really had to use my muscles to hold the position and I guess that prevented the rope from compressing my neck.

If somebody tries that while having the entire head and shoulders rest on the same surface (bed without mattress, maybe?), it would be more interesting.

What I also did try was the classic standing position, leaning away from an anchor. But instead of tying the rope to the anchor, I used the water bottles as a counterweight on the other side. And boy was it interesting: 90N (force exerted by gravity on the bottles) is actually a lot more than I imagined. My "leaning" was not moving the bottles at all. I was maybe putting enough to lift 3kg... and you need more than that to crush the carotids.

So it was useful to understand that you have to really let it go / push hard when leaning

Last edited:
P

peaceseek

Sep 23, 2021
It seems to be more important to find the correct place in the neck to apply pressure more than the amount of pressure itself. I've been looking into compression for a short while and found that for most people, the two areas under the chin above and on either side of the adam's apple (not the sides of the neck) are the essential pressure points. With moderate pressure just using my fingers, I've managed to near pass myself out in under 10 seconds, only because my hand goes limp before I completely pass out.
Anyone else have thoughts or experiences like this?