B

Bleak

Student
Nov 10, 2021
My Dad is 76 and hurt his back last week. He can barely walk now yet still insists on doing tasks that require bending down, so he keeps hurting his back more. I wish he would rely on me for this stuff but I don't know if it's pride or what that keeps him from doing so.

It scares me that after only a week I am already feeling this irritated. I owe him a lot since he's patiently cared for me through all my mental illness. He also cared for both his parents until they died, and even helps his girlfriend care for her aging parents. Up until now he's been pretty healthy and independent. Really afraid of what the future might look like if I have to become caretaker.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: OrcWitch, GentleJerk, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 3 others
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Well you either become a caretaker or find him a comfortable home (if and when the time comes). I looked after my mother for 4 years before she died of cancer. It was both rewarding and heart-breaking. I wish you and your father well. A good Vitamin D, Magnesium and boron supplement will help with his bones. Try and ask him not to do anything that will upset his health and see if you can step in and help when you can. Stay safe!

• Love
Reactions: GentleJerk, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Bleak
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
I worry about the same thing with my aging parents. They are in their mid 60s and do everything themselves without letting me help out. It breaks my heart to see them work themselves to sleep. It makes me feel absolute worse. I hate my depression and health problems that ruined me and my chancEs of truely taking care of them as they enter advanced age

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: GentleJerk, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Bleak and 2 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
"Girlfriend" at 76? Damn, son. I certainly don't agree that you owe him anything, since he summoned you from the void without just cause. Is there any reason for why you have to be the caretaker? The girlfriend or a care home might work, too.