Soupster

Soupster

Chasing dreams, catching nightmares
Aug 14, 2024
Well listen i asked chatgpt (lol) and it confirmed it for me
ChatGPT is a horrible resource for lots of things, but particularly when you're betting your life and/or long term health on it.

Reactions: astr4 and Unbolted0605
D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
Chatgbt? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yeah, that must make it so then. 🙄

TPI 707
Chatgpt is refining itself version by version. It's getting better with every release. Is it not advisable to to believe it ?

Last edited:
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Chatgpt is refining itself version by version. It's getting better with every release. Is it not advisable to to believe it ?
Uh, I'm no proponent of anything AI. It gave the other poster bad info about when in the charcoal burning cycle the most CO is produced. Based on that, I'm no believer. Frankly, I trust my own ability to parse out the facts in a situation, or about something, and how to go about finding the info I need from reputable sources.

Reactions: Unbolted0605
H

hushpuppi-savastano

Aug 20, 2024
when it comes to physics and maths chatgpt is 100% effective, carbon monoxide gets produced in larger amounts during the nasty phase when there's smoke that's what physics says 🤷‍♂️ people give a lot of misinformation here anyway do your own research because there are a lot of people who talk just to talk

U

Unbolted0605

Aug 28, 2024
when it comes to physics and maths chatgpt is 100% effective, carbon monoxide gets produced in larger amounts during the nasty phase when there's smoke that's what physics says 🤷‍♂️ people give a lot of misinformation here anyway do your own research because there are a lot of people who talk just to talk
Are you trolling?

Even if that were true (which it isn't), if you fill a small space with all the smoke that contains many things which aren't CO...

(Ask ChatGPT if CO is visible, it should get THAT right at least)

... then you will quickly leave that space due to choking.

Before you start up 'choking is the point', it's really not, for reasons I shouldn't have to explain

H

hushpuppi-savastano

Aug 20, 2024
Are you trolling?

Even if that were true (which it isn't), if you fill a small space with all the smoke that contains many things which aren't CO...

(Ask ChatGPT if CO is visible, it should get THAT right at least)

... then you will quickly leave that space due to choking.

Before you start up 'choking is the point', it's really not, for reasons I shouldn't have to explain
You don't even know what you're talking about. We're not talking about comfort or discomfort here, we're talking about success rates. With the smoke, the rate is way higher. Someone with enough willpower won't leave, even if it's uncomfortable.

C

CantDoIt

Mage
Jul 18, 2024
What's the point of using a complex method like CO if you have to tough it out?

U

Unbolted0605

Aug 28, 2024
You don't even know what you're talking about. We're not talking about comfort or discomfort here, we're talking about success rates. With the smoke, the rate is way higher. Someone with enough willpower won't leave, even if it's uncomfortable.
Someone with 'enough' willpower would also stand perfectly still while being stung to death by bees. But I'm not gonna wait around for that to actually happen.

I think you're underestimating how much a person will choke in that environment. I haven't tried it, sure, but I'm pretty sure it's worse than what you're imagining. I've been testing my charcoal outside and it puts out plenty of smoke in the first stages.

Staying perfectly still and serene during self-immolation is a counterexample, I suppose, but it's notable because it's rare. Besides, death from CO from just-lit charcoal will take like three hours. Who will stay there, unable to do anything but cough their lungs up, for three hours?

Success rate is directly tied to discomfort. Otherwise what's the point of the CO method in the first place? Why not use your amazing willpower for a more spectacular method?

I think you've watched too much anime.

"Nandiyoh. Now I will use my Willpower to simply drown myself in a small bowl of water. I certainly won't sit up, I'll just keep my face in there, with my Willpower."

Plenty of people on here have said 'I lit the charcoal inside the room but it got too smoky and I had to leave, what did I do wrong?'

This is all aside from the fact that the flame/smoke stages of burning charcoal produce lots of CO2 and little CO, a fact you refuse to accept... maybe you've confused one for the other.

Everyone else stopped responding to you, I'll do the same now. If you're not trolling, I *almost* feel I can encourage you to proceed with that method, because of my 100% certainty that it's not encouraging a suicide... it's just encouraging a self-induced coughing fit.

Edit to add. I asked ChatGPT myself and the conversation went like this:

CO is produced the fastest during the initial smouldering phase before it catches flame (ok so that probably is true but...)

how long is that phase

literally a couple of minutes, 10-15 minutes at most (i.e. not long enough)

what happens after that

the charcoal catches flame and then CO production falls off a cliff and CO2 production replaces it

what happens after that

the flames die out, the embers stay alight under a layer of ash, and CO production resumes

Another edit to add. OH MY DAYS bro I just saw another thread where you're talking about doing this in a tent?? With the charcoal actually flaming? I take it back, that is a suicide method, just a horrible one where the tent goes up in flames with you inside it. Please, do not do that.

Final edit to say: I think it's clear you're not trolling. There's no need for me to be unpleasant to anyone, let alone people on this site, of all places. I'm sorry.

I won't change my words now, because I think it's important that people know not to bring flaming or soon-to-be-flaming charcoal inside a tent.

Last edited:
Reactions: astr4
H

hushpuppi-savastano

Aug 20, 2024
Someone with 'enough' willpower would also stand perfectly still while being stung to death by bees. But I'm not gonna wait around for that to actually happen.

I think you're underestimating how much a person will choke in that environment. I haven't tried it, sure, but I'm pretty sure it's worse than what you're imagining. I've been testing my charcoal outside and it puts out plenty of smoke in the first stages.

Staying perfectly still and serene during self-immolation is a counterexample, I suppose, but it's notable because it's rare. Besides, death from CO from just-lit charcoal will take like three hours. Who will stay there, unable to do anything but cough their lungs up, for three hours?

Success rate is directly tied to discomfort. Otherwise what's the point of the CO method in the first place? Why not use your amazing willpower for a more spectacular method?

I think you've watched too much anime.

"Nandiyoh. Now I will use my Willpower to simply drown myself in a small bowl of water. I certainly won't sit up, I'll just keep my face in there, with my Willpower."

Plenty of people on here have said 'I lit the charcoal inside the room but it got too smoky and I had to leave, what did I do wrong?'

This is all aside from the fact that the flame/smoke stages of burning charcoal produce lots of CO2 and little CO, a fact you refuse to accept... maybe you've confused one for the other.

Everyone else stopped responding to you, I'll do the same now. If you're not trolling, I *almost* feel I can encourage you to proceed with that method, because of my 100% certainty that it's not encouraging a suicide... it's just encouraging a self-induced coughing fit.

CO is produced the fastest during the initial smouldering phase before it catches flame (ok so that probably is true but...)

how long is that phase

literally a couple of minutes, 10-15 minutes at most (i.e. not long enough)

what happens after that

the charcoal catches flame and then CO production falls off a cliff and CO2 production replaces it

what happens after that

the flames die out, the embers stay alight under a layer of ash, and CO production resumes

Another edit to add. OH MY DAYS bro I just saw another thread where you're talking about doing this in a tent?? With the charcoal actually flaming? I take it back, that is a suicide method, just a horrible one where the tent goes up in flames with you inside it. Please, do not do that.
This has nothing to do with the original topic. You're really insane for talking to me about bees and bowls of water, you're seriously weird. And about the replies stopping, that's just how it works when a post gets old Never seen someone as dumbb as you.

Even though you don't deserve it, here's your answer : when you reach a certain number of ppm, you lose consciousness very quickly, whether you're smoking or not, uncomfortable or not. You won't feel anything if you've let it run long enough to reach the right ppm before getting inside the tent.

Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021

ChtGPT = nt rliable sourc of infrmatn

Cht GPT alrdy gve misnfrmatn abt anothr methd

Reactions: astr4, landslide2, ladylazarus4 and 1 other person
U

Unbolted0605

Aug 28, 2024
ChtGPT = nt rliable sourc of infrmatn

Cht GPT alrdy gve misnfrmatn abt anothr methd
I know, but I wanted to know where this guy was even getting the idea that CO production is maximum at the start.

I do believe that it's true that CO is produced at the time when the charcoal begins to catch light. Because CO is produced by incomplete combustion (like the 'embers' stage that people usually aim for). ChatGPT is right about that.

It's just that this stage is so short, and gives off so much noxious shite, that most people don't even count it as a stage at all.

I lit charcoal the other day. The time between 'smouldering' and 'fully flaming' was like 2 minutes. This guy thinks he will die using the CO produced in that time... if he even manages to pass out in that time, he's gonna wake up in a flaming tent or worse.

Edit. Nah, I was wrong, he's not saying quite what I thought he was. He has a point and with the right tests, gear and techniques it could be a winner. I wish I could discuss it in detail because it's a nice puzzle to solve, and I want good method for myself, but I better not, for legal reasons for me and this site

Last edited:
ladylazarus4

ladylazarus4

exhausted
May 12, 2024
... it is certainly not 100% effective. I have asked it pretty basic calculus and intro physics questions and it is wrong quite frequently.

landslide2

landslide2

Arcanist
May 6, 2024
Chatgtp is definitely not 100% effective.
When there is smoke, more CO2 is released. When the charcoal is smouldering less combustion takes place and more CO is released. Thats actually what the science says.

At least search online for yourself rather than simply trust an incomplete large language model.

• Informative
Reactions: ladylazarus4 and Unbolted0605