• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

chlorine

chlorine

I am free, therefore I am lost.
Apr 12, 2019

So this is a method to produce CO which from what I've noticed is not discussed much. You just need a filtering flask, formic acid (HCOOH) and sulphuric acid (H2SO4), having 2 parts hcooh to 1 part h2so4. The reaction, if I'm not wrong, should be: HCOOH + H2SO4 - - > CO + H2SO4*H20, since the formic acid dehydrates. It seems an easier and quicker alternative to the burning charcoal or car imo. Plus, you get a lot of gas in terms of volume starting from not that much of the reagents. Any thoughts?

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Harasaki, Halo13 and 1 other person
W

Woolfy

Apr 12, 2019
I think this method uses the same idea:

It's something that I have been interested in making. I do wonder if the full guide to make one is on here somewhere.

Reactions: SMarie1204 and chlorine
T

thisnight

Mar 18, 2019
This method is also being discussed in the CO megathread. It sounds attractive and would have many advantages to the charcoal method. But there's also a failed attempt being described there (on page 12? I think). If you can figure out what went wrong this would help very much.

One thing to remember is, the reaction slows down and so CO production is reduced over time as the solution is diluted with water.

Reactions: Woolfy and Superfluous
Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
This method is also being discussed in the CO megathread. It sounds attractive and would have many advantages to the charcoal method. But there's also a failed attempt being described there (on page 12? I think). If you can figure out what went wrong this would help very much.

One thing to remember is, the reaction slows down and so CO production is reduced over time as the solution is diluted with water.
Here's the link to the specific post @thisnight is referring to:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/carbon-monoxide-megathread.2053/post-212778

Reactions: Sick of it all, Woolfy and thisnight
Davy

Davy

Have a great day!
Mar 24, 2019
It seems much more efficient and clean method than using the charcoal. Unfortunately buying the formic acid and sulphuric acid is the hardest part for me since they are not readily available in my country, otherwise this would be my method.

chlorine

chlorine

I am free, therefore I am lost.
Apr 12, 2019

For the slowing down of the reaction, one could prepare several flasks so that there can be many reactions simultaneously therefore more CO. And unfortunately I don't know anything about that attempt you talk about.
It seems much more efficient and clean method than using the charcoal. Unfortunately buying the formic acid and sulphuric acid is the hardest part for me since they are not readily available in my country, otherwise this would be my method.
Are you sure you can't find them on the internet? They seem very accessible to me, maybe they don't ship to your country though

Last edited:
Y

Yuri

Apr 10, 2019
I've asked around about reaction, several people told me that heat produced by reaction itself will be enough to sustain it. However few people also recommended to heat it in order to prevent reaction from stopping later on. Will most likely go with it unless i find smbd with car/place to store CO tank

Reactions: chlorine
ThisIsTheLastNight

ThisIsTheLastNight

Weakness is the root of all evil
Jan 29, 2019
Hey everyone, im the one who described his attempt on the CO megathread. I thought much about why my attempt had failed and meanwhile i think it needs heat for the chemical reaction to persist. i think the chemical reaction succumbs without heat. no matter what other sources claim.

things that I had learned from my attempt.
- It can happen that you leave the oxygen mask while you are unconscious from the face. while being unconscious, the body will move. I know that because one of the glasses was upset with the acids when I woke up. that could only have happened because I had knocked it over while I was unconscious. Oxygen masks are also not very tight on the face. It might be enough that the head quickly moves back and forth that one loses the oxygen mask from the face.

- Formic acid has extremely corrosive fumes and the smell is unbearable. In the peaceful pill handbook they dont use a water filter to filter the vapors. I can only laugh about that. In a car with such steaming one would have burned in no time. if you are dealing with such acids you should definitely wear an airtight goggles and several acid resistant gloves. I was very careful and yet acid was on my hand. it would have been very painful without the gloves. if you mix the acids, the reaction starts instantly and foams strongly. I had the fear that all the formic acid is immediately split by the sulfuric acid.

I myself can not recommend CO and will not try it again with CO.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: murun_b, Sick of it all, Thorn and 3 others
T

thisnight

Mar 18, 2019
Thank you for your additional information. I really hope you're feeling better now and don't suffer from the symptoms that you described after the attempt.

I suspect knocking over the acid container or removing the mask probably comes from the seizures which are an effect of CO poisoning. So one needs to include that in the planning when setting up the space for the attempt.

Maybe it's interesting to note that the apparatus proposed by Nitschke - the "COGen" - has some sort of valve/screw which lets the formic acid drop slowly into the sulfuric acid. Thus the entire reaction will be both slower and last longer than when simply pouring both acids together in an instant. I could also imagine this makes the reaction cleaner and with less corrosive fumes or other side effects.

• Informative
Reactions: murun_b, Sick of it all, Woolfy and 1 other person
C

cappuccinogirl

Experienced
Aug 11, 2018
Hey everyone, im the one who described his attempt on the CO megathread. I thought much about why my attempt had failed and meanwhile i think it needs heat for the chemical reaction to persist. i think the chemical reaction succumbs without heat. no matter what other sources claim.

things that I had learned from my attempt.
- It can happen that you leave the oxygen mask while you are unconscious from the face. while being unconscious, the body will move. I know that because one of the glasses was upset with the acids when I woke up. that could only have happened because I had knocked it over while I was unconscious. Oxygen masks are also not very tight on the face. It might be enough that the head quickly moves back and forth that one loses the oxygen mask from the face.

- Formic acid has extremely corrosive fumes and the smell is unbearable. In the peaceful pill handbook they dont use a water filter to filter the vapors. I can only laugh about that. In a car with such steaming one would have burned in no time. if you are dealing with such acids you should definitely wear an airtight goggles and several acid resistant gloves. I was very careful and yet acid was on my hand. it would have been very painful without the gloves. if you mix the acids, the reaction starts instantly and foams strongly. I had the fear that all the formic acid is immediately split by the sulfuric acid.

I myself can not recommend CO and will not try it again with CO.
Hi sorry for your bad experience. Can I ask how much acid you used, did you just pour together. ? Thanks very much
Also in the you tube video at start of this post it says double formic to sulphuric., yet p pill says opposite if anyone has any thoughts.

J

Janica333

Dec 5, 2018
I have read 3 different stories of tests in euthanasia chats about it. And none got the CO level to rise well. It's not that simple to make. Some tried to make the machine described in peacefull pill handbook and one mixed few liters of them in right percentage. He got CO level to rise well only after heating it.
Anyway none got the levels high (even above 3000ppm). Though the acid fumes made long term test impossible.

• Aww..
Reactions: chlorine
C

cappuccinogirl

Experienced
Aug 11, 2018
Ok so tried to make gulps thing. Acid all seemed to leak out of where the tubes went in. Tried to make it as tight as I could. Maybe some kind of sealant? More difficult than it looks. Acids did seem to produce lot of c monoxide. Didn't smell too bad but was outside. Wish you could just pour them together. .. thanks

F

Fabioben

Jun 30, 2022
Must you mix both sulphuric and formic acids in order to produce carbon monoxide inside your car or can you just pour them in a flask and mix them?