emgrl

emgrl

Mage
Aug 6, 2022
Anyone else have an issue with moving a part of their body, as a way to kind of ease anxiety? I know I used to wiggle my foot around like normal, but now, it's both of them… and more rapidly. It's such an uncomfortable feeling… I can't even control it. When I try to stop them, I feel pain, I think because I do it for so long, I actually hurt myself.

Time to take some klonopin, I guess 🥺

• Hugs
Reactions: sleeps, jodes2 and Angst Filled Fuck Up
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
It likely is anxiety. I'm sorry your anxiety is getting the best for you, it should be temporary though if that's any relief.

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I get akathesia, an urge to move, it's frustrating. I get bored of pacing

• Hugs
Reactions: Un-, emgrl, BitterlyAlive_ and 1 other person
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
I get akathesia, an urge to move, it's frustrating. I get bored of pacing
I'm really sorry to hear that. To me akathesia sounds like a hellish feeling. I get anxious movement myself, I shake my legs sometimes when I feel terrible, when waiting news on whether someone is alright or not, when people are screaming and violent sometimes. I'm sorry for your experience.

• Hugs
Reactions: jodes2
Venus13

Venus13

Experienced
Oct 2, 2022
I have several problems with my mind/body dynamic. I think it's adrenaline and movement is telling your mind that you're going to go somewhere with this fear and vulnerability. To sit still in the tension makes the mind feel like you're surrendering to whatever threat it's falsely perceiving. That scares it and causes it to tense up which is painful. That's my theory anyway. The body can become a bit of a torture device when the mind is under pressure. Mental illness is very physically unsettling and painful.

• Love
Reactions: emgrl
emgrl

emgrl

Mage
Aug 6, 2022
I have several problems with my mind/body dynamic. I think it's adrenaline and movement is telling your mind that you're going to go somewhere with this fear and vulnerability. To sit still in the tension makes the mind feel like you're surrendering to whatever threat it's falsely perceiving. That scares it and causes it to tense up which is painful. That's my theory anyway. The body can become a bit of a torture device when the mind is under pressure. Mental illness is very physically unsettling and painful.
Wow… that reads to be so accurate. It's so painful, torture is the right word. I'll do my best to relax and hopefully it'll subside. Thanks for your thoughts ♡

• Hugs
Reactions: GrumpyFrog and Venus13
myfinalform

myfinalform

Oct 12, 2022
When i wanted to stop smoking, tapping my feet (while listening to music) on the ground for me to forget to smoke was working for sometime, i wish everyone the best to recover from the problems you are facing

• Love
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
I'm sorry you are experiencing such an unbearable time.

I rock back and forth when seated, and I usually go into a meditative state when standing.

• Love