A

Another lost soul09

Aug 15, 2024
Hello all. This is my first post so go easy on me. For the last few years I've been suicidal on and off. A lot of it comes from my family pressureing me to get my GED and get a "real job" I currently work at a fishery and for the last 8 months I was getting sick at least once a week. This was due to a gallbladder issue which I had removed. In the hospital I was actually pretty happy and enjoyed it. But now that everything is back to normal.(Outside of my stomach hurting from recovering.) I've become suicidal again. I just can't see myself doing any job where I'll actually be happy and give a shit. So now I'm looking towards just ending my life. I know it likely won't get much better and I'm tired of coming home everyday to be exhausted only to do chores around the house before bed. I just don't see a point to it anymore. Thanks for reading.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Nefera, lynnschronicles, Forever Sleep and 5 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It does sound tiring what you go through, I understand why you'd feel so tired of it all. But anyway I wish you all the best.

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
Grimpoteuthis

Grimpoteuthis

Your deep sea friend
Jul 1, 2023
I wish you the best. Work life balance is a myth that barely anyone can afford.

Reactions: Nefera and MatrixPrisoner
Defenestration

Defenestration

I want to have the courage to defenestrate myself
Oct 25, 2020
I understand, stopping working was a liberation... even if now I'm used to it and I don't think about it anymore and I want to die

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
emptyenvelopes

emptyenvelopes

Jun 15, 2024
What are you thoughts on saving what you can and moving somewhere new? Sometimes a change of scenery doesn't fix everything but it makes life more interesting

• Love
Reactions: tenshi天神 and MatrixPrisoner
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
The only escape from suffering is to end existence.

Reactions: sserafim, GoatHerder and Defenestration
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
My sympathy to you. I had gallbladder trouble too. A stone in the bile duct eventually- horrendously painful. I hope you make a speedy recovery.

It sounds like you may have returned to work too quickly to my mind. Especially if your job is physical. I think it's ridiculous how quickly they predict we'll be patched up and ready to work again.

I know what you mean though. I'm fortunate enough to vaguely enjoy my job (it's creative.) It's also pretty physical though and very time consuming. I also feel kind of dumb to be slaving away working to support a life I don't even want to live! Logically looking at it, it seems ridiculous!

Reactions: Defenestration
Defenestration

Defenestration

Oct 25, 2020
My sympathy to you. I had gallbladder trouble too. A stone in the bile duct eventually- horrendously painful. I hope you make a speedy recovery.

It sounds like you may have returned to work too quickly to my mind. Especially if your job is physical. I think it's ridiculous how quickly they predict we'll be patched up and ready to work again.

I know what you mean though. I'm fortunate enough to vaguely enjoy my job (it's creative.) It's also pretty physical though and very time consuming. I also feel kind of dumb to be slaving away working to support a life I don't even want to live! Logically looking at it, it seems ridiculous!
Work IS torture with sévère social anxiety

• Love
Reactions: Nefera and Forever Sleep
A

Another lost soul09

Aug 15, 2024
UPDATE. Asked to go home early again and probably going to lose my job. If I do I'll probably end this misery once and for all.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Defenestration and lynnschronicles
tenshi天神

tenshi天神

everything i love gathers dust inside my chest
Aug 13, 2024
The only escape from suffering is to end existence.
that's just blind pessimism lol. there are lots of things to try before ctb that have the potential to change one's life & make it worthwhile.

I hope you find peace with whatever you end up doing, OP. much love! <3

Reactions: Nefera
Defenestration

Defenestration

Oct 25, 2020
wait again, you're not sure you'll lose it

endofline2010

endofline2010

Aug 8, 2024
@Another lost soul09 it's fine to lie about having a GED. Very, very few jobs will ever check. Hell, you could probably lie about having a Bachelor's and get away with it in most cases. At worst, find an out-of-state GED online and do a little photoshop magic, and viola - you're a hs graduate.

Reactions: Another lost soul09
Defenestration

Defenestration

Oct 25, 2020
MISE À JOUR. On m'a demandé de rentrer plus tôt à la maison et je vais probablement perdre mon emploi. Si je le fais, je mettrai probablement fin à cette misère une fois pour toutes.
Good luck i think of this.