sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
I was writing in my journal and I was crying and my aunt came into my room to talk to me. She was telling me something and I wasn't looking at her because the tears were streaming down my face. She told me to look at her and she continued to talk and asked why I was crying and she said I was fine before (which was actually my facade). She literally said there's no point in being sad and that I don't have any problems and how I have a base and everyone has problems and that I have to find a job so I have something to build up and all that rubbish and how there are so many inspirational talks that I should listen to which will help and that I can only make the choice etc. Then she literally told me to forget everything and go to sleep. I got so fucking angry and pissed off, am I crazy for feeling this way???

• Hugs
Reactions: Crushed_Innocence, sammii and AngelOfDeath01
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
Definitely not. You're supposed to be cared for, genuinly understand and wanting someone tell you they UNDERSTAND and feel you're pain. That they acknowledge you're pain and understand it, not brush it away as if its nothing.

But again, its extremely hard for the regular/normal person to see through such moments in a deeper sense and critically comprehend that such positive toxicity wont help and it isnt the right time for it. so i cant blame her, cause 99.999999 percent of the people i come across do the exact same thing and just brush my problems to the side, belittle and downplay them and make me seem crazy.

Hope you find someone who does the exact opposite. Hope you feel better.

Reactions: BlackCatTalk
N

neilo99

Tired of Life
Oct 9, 2019
Not you're not. It's basically telling a depressed person to cheer up and get over it. How old is your aunt? Maybe it's a generational thing?

Reactions: sammii
sammii

sammii

I have no idea what I’m doing.
Oct 9, 2019
I was writing in my journal and I was crying and my aunt came into my room to talk to me. She was telling me something and I wasn't looking at her because the tears were streaming down my face. She told me to look at her and she continued to talk and asked why I was crying and she said I was fine before (which was actually my facade). She literally said there's no point in being sad and that I don't have any problems and how I have a base and everyone has problems and that I have to find a job so I have something to build up and all that rubbish and how there are so many inspirational talks that I should listen to which will help and that I can only make the choice etc. Then she literally told me to forget everything and go to sleep. I got so fucking angry and pissed off, am I crazy for feeling this way???
You're definitely not crazy, telling someone there's no point in being sad is ridiculous. You can't just switch off ur emotions! Some people just don't understand depression, my friend's dad is the same way.

Crushed_Innocence

Crushed_Innocence

Hungry Ghost
Oct 16, 2019
No, that was a cruel INVALIDATING experince. Many people simply do not know how to hold others pain. Empathy runs low these days it seems. There is so much brokenness and abuse in this world, so few cannot simply accept the deep woundedness of another. Feelings are not always rational, so other may sometimes try to correct or give advise. But at the end of the day, its really those who cannot or will not connect with the pain you are in due to thier own stance and inner stuff. Your feelings are always valid and many of us are not constituted to the typical pat answers: Get a job, find meaning & purpose, stop wallowing, someone else has it worse, you could do it if you really wanted to..
Blah blah blah..

Look what is going on with you is your truth, your doing the best you can with what you have..

Might just have to be more choosy in who you open up to.... cause you deserve kindness and compassion for your sugfering.