D

Deleted member 24006

Nov 20, 2020
Waiting for test results, but fairly certain it's cancer. Rather than burden myself with painful medical procedures, regardless of the chance for success, I'm currently going to just let it go through my body and contact Dignitas in Switzerland when things get bad enough since I have enough money to afford the option (no I'm not rich, just have enough savings to make it work). CTB by nature versus myself ...... what an outcome ..... I am now flipping the bird at fate and am hoping for a positive cancer result. What would you do?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: disabledandhopeless, fly away, Wrennie and 9 others
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
If cancer is your diagnosis, I'm sorry to hear that. If I had to be diagnosed with cancer I'd refuse cancer treatments except for pain relief/sedation etc. I'd also apply to Dignitas or Pegasos.

• Hugs
Reactions: fly away, Skathon, justsad&done and 2 others
D

Deleted member 24006

Nov 20, 2020
If cancer is your diagnosis, I'm sorry to hear that. If I had to be diagnosed with cancer I'd refuse cancer treatments except for pain relief/sedation etc. I'd also apply to Dignitas or Pegasos.
Agreed ...... thanks for the love, but don't be sorry, I'm totally fine with it at this point. Pegasos will probably be my first choice followed by Dignitas .... either works though. Excellent cat photo

• Hugs
Reactions: fly away, Wrennie, justsad&done and 2 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
What kind of cancer if you're comfortable saying?

I would prefer not to die of cancer, but if it happened I wouldn't treat it.

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens, justsad&done and Pookie
M

Miss_Takes

Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Dec 4, 2020
I also wouldnt treat.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 24006 and Pookie
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
Personally I would not treat unless it was a very early stage of the type they say they can get it out with small surgery and brief chemo. However I'm also skeptical of your approach of letting it get bad enough , that could involve months or even years of pain. However you may be able to use the diagnosis to your advantage - Dr. May be able to prescribe drugs that could assist with N or SN method ?

best wishes

Reactions: Deleted member 24006
KiraComplex

KiraComplex

sugar, spice…
Aug 31, 2019
it can get painful within months. i wish that it was just "ohh im getting weaker and less hungry... oh well."

Pookie

Pookie

Oct 18, 2020
Agreed ...... thanks for the love, but don't be sorry, I'm totally fine with it at this point. Pegasos will probably be my first choice followed by Dignitas .... either works though. Excellent cat photo
To be honest I'd also be totally fine with a cancer diagnosis. I've emailed Pegasos a few times and they seem great. Seems their application process is also easier than Dignitas. I wish you all the best and a peaceful journey.

Thank you, I love cats.

• Love
Reactions: fly away, Wrennie and Deleted member 24006
D

Deleted member 24006

Nov 20, 2020
it can get painful within months. i wish that it was just "ohh im getting weaker and less hungry... oh well."
Totally understand yes .... we'll see what comes back from the test
What kind of cancer if you're comfortable saying?

I would prefer not to die of cancer, but if it happened I wouldn't treat it.
Colon cancer - been having problems for over a year and just decided to get a test to make sure ..... I know by body pretty well and know stuff is up. Also lost 15 pounds without doing anything at all. Not to be gross, but regular BM's daily to once a week is also a sign things are not as they once were.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Pookie, DivineMedicus and Ghost2211
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Colon cancer - been having problems for over a year and just decided to get a test to make sure ..... I know by body pretty well and know stuff is up. Also lost 15 pounds without doing anything at all. Not to be gross, but regular BM's daily to once a week is also a sign things are not as they once were.
That's for sure not a fun place to get cancer, but I suppose none are. I hope the road ahead of you isn't too bad, and hopefully you can get in on euthanasia. That sounds like an ideal way to go.

• Love
Reactions: fly away, Wrennie, Deleted member 24006 and 1 other person
Pookie

Pookie

Oct 18, 2020
That's for sure not a fun place to get cancer, but I suppose none are. I hope the road ahead of you isn't too bad, and hopefully you can get in on euthanasia. That sounds like an ideal way to go.
He'll definitely get the green light if he has a cancer diagnosis. Problem is that with some people the cancer advances so quickly that they're too ill to even travel to Switzerland. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost2211, Wrennie and Deleted member 24006
D

Deleted member 24006

Nov 20, 2020
He'll definitely get the green light if he has a cancer diagnosis. Problem is that with some people the cancer advances so quickly that they're even too ill to travel to Switzerland. :(
Good point - we'll soon see. And yes, I am also a cat lover ..... mine is black and she is a lap-loving beauty.

• Love
Reactions: Ghost2211, Wrennie and Pookie
B

Bigpink

Warlock
Oct 12, 2020
I wouldn't treat it, would want pain relief and move on.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, Deleted member 24006 and Pookie
J

justsad&done

Visionary
Nov 11, 2020
Waiting for test results, but fairly certain it's cancer. Rather than burden myself with painful medical procedures, regardless of the chance for success, I'm currently going to just let it go through my body and contact Dignitas in Switzerland when things get bad enough since I have enough money to afford the option (no I'm not rich, just have enough savings to make it work). CTB by nature versus myself ...... what an outcome ..... I am now flipping the bird at fate and am hoping for a positive cancer result. What would you do?

So, for me it's hard to say - gee, I hope it's cancer - but I understand your way of thinking. A year of "issues" and things being out of the norm sounds like colon cancer. A very close friend passed from this and I was with her through things. It's good that places like Dignitis are an option. I would like to see some place like that in the US. I was diagnosed with cancer a few years back. So I get what it is like to hear those words "you have cancer". At that point in my life, I chose treatment. Because of changes in my life, I doubt that would be my choice should the cancer come back. But none of it is easy. At all. And I wish for you, no pain, and a path that leads to some comfort.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ghost2211, Deleted member 24006 and Pookie
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I hope it's not cancer.
What I want to point out is that if you wait until it's bad, it's not going to be possible to travel probably. At least that is part of my problem. I'm in too much pain to travel. Traveling requires a person to be in fairly good condition, the flight, the airports, the cars, trains or whatever, all that is not possible when in pain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrennie and Deleted member 24006
justpeachy

justpeachy

I’m haunted by the bottle & death on my breath.
Sep 6, 2020
So, for me it's hard to say - gee, I hope it's cancer - but I understand your way of thinking. A year of "issues" and things being out of the norm sounds like colon cancer. A very close friend passed from this and I was with her through things. It's good that places like Dignitis are an option. I would like to see some place like that in the US. I was diagnosed with cancer a few years back. So I get what it is like to hear those words "you have cancer". At that point in my life, I chose treatment. Because of changes in my life, I doubt that would be my choice should the cancer come back. But none of it is easy. At all. And I wish for you, no pain, and a path that leads to some comfort.
There are places like this in the US. Both WA and OR have it. You must have a terminal physical illness, 6 months to live or less, two MDs to sign off, absolutely no mental illness. There may be some other states too that do it but I know those two do. You must be a resident of said state for a specific amount of time too.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 24006
D

Deleted member 24006

Nov 20, 2020
I hope it's not cancer.
What I want to point out is that if you wait until it's bad, it's not going to be possible to travel probably. At least that is part of my problem. I'm in too much pain to travel. Traveling requires a person to be in fairly good condition, the flight, the airports, the cars, trains or whatever, all that is not possible when in pain.
I'm sorry to hear that for you. Once I get the results I'll need to take this in consideration.

Reactions: Meditation guide
J

justsad&done

Visionary
Nov 11, 2020
There are places like this in the US. Both WA and OR have it. You must have a terminal physical illness, 6 months to live or less, two MDs to sign off, absolutely no mental illness. There may be some other states too that do it but I know those two do. You must be a resident of said state for a specific amount of time too.
Yes, true. I am on East Coast and wasn't thinking OR. Actually I have a cousin who lives in Southern CA and he got a temporary residence in OR when his wife was sick for that very reason. The paperwork and procedures were very difficult to say the least.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 24006 and Meditation guide
justpeachy

justpeachy

I’m haunted by the bottle & death on my breath.
Sep 6, 2020
Yes, true. I am on East Coast and wasn't thinking OR. Actually I have a cousin who lives in Southern CA and he got a temporary residence in OR when his wife was sick for that very reason. The paperwork and procedures were very difficult to say the least.
Yep, they are. My aunt did it in WA but didn't get approved until literally a few days after her death. She had stage 4 pancreatic cancer which is one of the most deadly cancers and one of the most brutal and painful to die from.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pookie and justsad&done
F

fly away

It’s enough
Oct 28, 2020
Listen to your heart and do what's best for you. I was diagnosed with Stage 2 breast cancer 2 yrs ago. I was involved with someone who I thought was the love of my life. He wanted me to get treatment so that we could have a life together. I trusted him and had a bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction. It was brutal. He left 8 months later. It was "too stressful for him"
I was so stupid. If I could go back, I would. If I ever get that chance again I will do nothing (except get some heavy duty painkillers

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, Pookie and justsad&done
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
At this time in my life, I would opt to let nature run its course (ie, no treatment).

<3

Reactions: voltage268, Pookie, fly away and 1 other person