FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do not enjoy anything, I just do things to pass the time. I lose interest in things quickly and I easily get bored. I struggle with concentration as well. I live a empty, pointless existence where time passes too slowly.

• Love
Reactions: LONE WOLF. and CatLove56
A

anxious_depressive

I'm in despair
Dec 21, 2021
Unfortunately, I'm not interested in almost anything from movies and TV shows...

I used to watch a lot of movies to escape from reality.

Now it all seems boring and pointless to me.

Sometimes I can watch either my favorite or old movies.

The last thing that really touched me, was the TV series "Mandalorian".

Last edited:
GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
I might be the odd one out but I do enjoy movies and games. Yeah, it is an empty and meaningless waste of time, but then again, if you really think about it everything is meaningless. I spent time studying and working when my peers were spending time playing videogames, then I spend time locked inside playing videogames while my peers were partying and hooking up, and then I did my share of partying and hooking up too...and ultimately neither of these choices ended up having any impact on where I ended up in life in the end, so I think I can conclude all those activities were equally pointless beyond making me feel things in the moment.
There are actually many things I still enjoy and many things I would want to do. I just don't get to do any of those things, instead I am forced into a situation of constant struggle.

• Hugs
Reactions: Grav, Anxieyote and Dr Iron Arc
CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
I would give anything to get sucked into my favorite games. Depresses me knowing none of it is real and I'm still stuck in this shitty life

• Hugs
Reactions: MeltedJello and Anxieyote
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
I feel the same way, for a long time I've used movies and games as an escape from reality but what to do when it loses its fun?

Reactions: CatLove56 and LONE WOLF.
8AEM

8AEM

Jan 5, 2022
Playing games makes me feel guilty because my brain considers it "unproductive." Yet, even when I don't play, I still do not get work done. Nice logic.

Reactions: CatLove56
eternalpeace

eternalpeace

Student
Dec 19, 2021
I don't enjoy them as much as I used to, but I do manage to get some relief from my agony by watching tv shows, and occasionally movies, but I can't really focus well enough for a movie, so usually I just watch ones Ive already seen multiple times.

Lately Ive been going back to the stuff I watched in the 90s and early 2000s, back to a time when my life wasn't quite such a disaster. (It wasn't perfect then, but at least there was hope for the future, which I definitely do not have anymore). For some reason, it helps a little. You'd think it would make me feel worse to remember a time when the future didn't seem as bleak as it does now, but somehow it helps, just a little.

• Hugs
Reactions: GrumpyFrog and AnneRee
Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
I only enjoyed movies a bit, never a buff. The last 20 years though I've been turned off to most movies and when I do spend time on something other than work anything else can knock a movie off the "to do" list. Now that I'm old I've realized that when my mom would say "oh I saw that 15 years ago, it's just a remake" she was right; some are remakes of remakes (Pelham 123). Now I don't watch many movies made in the 90's or more recently. I don't get a lot of the movies made in the US now (super heroes especially) and if I find a movie that was interesting and something that I feel was worth spending time on it's a foreign movie.

• Hugs
Reactions: eternalpeace
Umri

Umri

bad way
Dec 6, 2021
Я смотрел видео, где люди реагируют на пасхальные яйца в новой игре Five Nights at Freddy's, и что-то о чистой радости, которую они выражают по поводу чего-то столь незначительного, заставляет мою кровь кипеть. Я чувствую себя Скруджем со всем менталитетом «никому не разрешено веселиться», но я думаю, что на самом деле все сводится к зависти к тому, как они могут получить счастье от чего-то, что кажется мне бессмысленным.

Я так же отношусь к людям, которые восхищаются камеями персонажей в фильмах Marvel и видят, как они обливаются кремом, когда случаются моменты фан-сервисов и появляются старые персонажи.

Я действительно хотел бы, чтобы это было так легко заставить меня улыбнуться, и я хотел бы посмотреть фильм, улыбаться и возбужденно болтать о персонажах и знаниях, но все это не кажется важным. Для меня это невероятно бессмысленно, когда я имею дело с таким экзистенциальным страхом.
I haven't enjoyed anything for years. everything must be endured.

• Aww..
Reactions: yellowjasmine88