D

Daria98765

Student
Dec 2, 2021
I need something that will make me feel relaxed,calm like after good meal,hot tea or masturbation.It's a mix of feeling pleasure and feeling relaxed.

I don't want something that will just make me feel sleepy and that's all.

Last edited:
B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
Mary Jane, she's really great

• Hugs
Reactions: WhyWasIBorn
D

Daria98765

Student
Dec 2, 2021
Mary Jane, she's really great
I wanted to try it for therapy instead of sedatives that just make sleepy.

I wanted weed for stress relief after some stressful situation or when I'm scared, but many people saying it's can be dangerous when you are scared by something, when you are in stressful situation because you might get bad trip and worsen your condition. You might get a new trauma.

So I don't really want it unless you know if there is a way to bypass that and not get problems from weed while you scared or / and stressed ?

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
As far as I know what you want unfortunately might be a tall order. From what I know, I take opioids for chronic pain, the neurons and the like in one's brain where the relaxing feeling and the like are produced also makes a person if not sleepy, at least a lot more than just relaxed, (read sleepy).

Now I take 4mg tabs of Hydromorphone and i am VERY opioid tolerant, but still, I can take 8 mgs and it usually will help control the pain and make me feel relaxed. BUT on that rare occasion that it does not, and I take 12mgs, then BANG, I get sleepy more than half the time.

Same with me as far as klonopin goes. Most of the time even .25mg, half of a tab, makes me sleepy and a whole tab, .5mg knocks me out till the morning.

Never say never and I am also very curious if someone knows a chemical that will relax, besides alcohol.

Walter

B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023

I wanted weed for stress relief after some stressful situation or when I'm scared, but many people saying it's can be dangerous when you are scared by something, when you are in stressful situation because you might get bad trip and worsen your condition. You might get a new trauma.

So I don't really want it unless you know if there is a way to bypass that and not get problems from weed while you scared or / and stressed ?
Weed is not a hallucinogenic. I will say that while it affects everyone differently, it will not cause you to "trip" or anything of that nature. For most people, it creates a feeling of peace and reduced stress. Unlike alcohol which can cause people to act abhorrently, no one has ever turned violent from smoking a joint. You might violently crave a snack though, lol. Another great thing is that you can't overdose. It can't kill you or physically harm you in any way (smoke inhalation is not the best for you I agree, but it's nothing like cigarettes or tobacco). I wouldn't be scared if I were you. Try it out a few times and see how you feel. I will warn you that edibles and smoking are two very different things. Smoking you can do day in day out, but edibles can knock you out.

• Informative
Reactions: whywere
D

Daria98765

Student
Dec 2, 2021
Personally, I have not had good luck with weed, but my son uses it to self medicate his anxiety. I have used Klonopin (1mg) at night to calm my brain and let me sleep. It's been very useful for that. I also take kratom when I need to relax, but be mentally awake. White and Green in lower doses works the best for me. Red is noted for better pain relief, but with it comes some sleepiness.
Can you please describe your bad experience?

kusa

kusa

Aug 16, 2023
it depends

do you have high anxiety issues? if so then you should try xanax to feel relaxed

if you dont have anxiety issues and want to feel more pleasure when doing things, maybe try MDMA (Ecstasy/Molly)

if you are looking for something you could do consistently without having other underlying issues like being addicted to xanax or drugs like that, maybe you should try weed, i've also never heard or experienced weed enhancing your fear, but i'm not a expert.

D

Daria98765

Student
Dec 2, 2021
it depends

do you have high anxiety issues? if so then you should try xanax to feel relaxed
Yes,I have.I want to use something to remove fear,anxiety, but I dont want to be sleepy cause of it. Does Xanax make you feel sleepy or it just removes anxiety without sleepy side effect ?

maybe you should try weed, i've also never heard or experienced weed enhancing your fear, but i'm not a expert.
It's called weed paranoia. It can be caused by not comfortable environment, so I don't know if I should try weed to remove fear,anxiety caused by certain trigger (that can't be avoided) cause weed can give you even more anxiety instead of removing it.
if you dont have anxiety issues and want to feel more pleasure when doing things, maybe try MDMA (Ecstasy/Molly)
What are the problems with MDMA while feeling anxiety? Bad trips ?

Last edited:
kusa

kusa

Aug 16, 2023
What are the problems with MDMA while feeling anxiety? Bad trips ?
MDMA can cause anxiety itself, thes i would assume someone with anxiety already would have enhanced anxiety, so yeah mdma and anxiety is not a good idea.

It's called weed paranoia. It can be caused by not comfortable environment, so I don't know if I should try weed to remove fear,anxiety caused by certain trigger (that can't be avoided) cause weed can give you even more anxiety instead of removing it.
I've known people that have opposite effects, so i think weed is still worth a try if you've never tried it.

Yes,I have.I want to use something to remove fear,anxiety, but I dont want to be sleepy cause of it. Does Xanax make you feel sleepy or it just removes anxiety without sleepy side effect ?
xanax is really powerful compared to some alternatives for anxiety. i would say it makes you slower / function less, what can make you sleepy, so might not be the best decision for you, also if you are looking to focus and do stuff it isn't good.

D

Daria98765

Student
Dec 2, 2021
MDMA can cause anxiety itself, thes i would assume someone with anxiety already would have enhanced anxiety, so yeah mdma and anxiety is not a good idea.

I've known people that have opposite effects, so i think weed is still worth a try if you've never tried it.

xanax is really powerful compared to some alternatives for anxiety. i would say it makes you slower / function less, what can make you sleepy, so might not be the best decision for you, also if you are looking to focus and do stuff it isn't good.
What do you think about using ketamine to remove anxiety,fear and not get sleepy ?

W

withouthope

Jun 25, 2023
I

I have never had a bad experience smoking weed, but whatever you do don't try Delta 8 THC. I took it in tincture form and had a horrible trip.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluebus
B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
For me, weed made me paranoid. The first time I tried it, I took a gummy and then had a "relaxing" bath. I must have fell asleep, but I was brought back to consciousness with the overwhelming feeling that I was going to drown. It took about 30 minutes to talk myself down.

Besides the panic attack, I had a heard time seeing (dry eyes) or talking (cotton mouth). Overall, not a pleasant experience.

I've tried 2 or 3 more times, each with the same basic results.

I just started Ketamine Assisted Therapy, and the ketamine itself was all encompassing. It did remove any anxiety or fear, and I was conscious throughout the experience. But, it was like living in a dream. I couldn't imagine attempting to perform any tasks.

I'm keeping a log in a different thread in this forum, although it's been quiet since I between treatments. My next session is next Friday, and will be updating the thread then.
I'm sorry about your experience. Eating weed can feel like tripping. I know lots of life long stoners that can't handle an edible. I've never had a good experience with one. Made me paranoid and I thought I was having a heart attack lol. Smoking is completely different. I wouldn't give up on this herb so quickly, at least not before trying a joint or a bowl

Reactions: HighFlight
P

pinemarten

Aug 18, 2023
Opiates lean more towards the "comfy" side of things compared to say benzodiazepines which loosen inhibitions (similar to alcohol) and, in higher doses, will just send you to sleep.

Different opiates have different strengths. From the lower end of the scale with stuff like codeine then going up in potency you've got stuff like dihydrocodeine, tramadol, morphine, oxycodone and other stuff. They all have their own problems / properties.

I've always felt that part of the insidiousness of opiates, or the good thing depending on your view, is how easy it is to be on them in any situation. Unless you've taken way too much you're not often noticeably strung out; instead there's just a comfy background warmth and contentness. You could be at work, at home, at a meal with family, on the train or wherever and on a small dose no one would really know. Not so with other drugs where you're often completely gone. But I think this is part of why people find it easier and easier to take them more frequently, so it's a slippery slope.

I would say if they're something you're considering purely for recreation, don't jump in the deep end. Someone taking 40mg dihydrocodeine on no tolerance might feel a nice background glow and warmth. The same person taking 40mg oxycodone on no tolerance could very well find themselves breathing shallow, lips turning blue and potentially dying. Obviously we all know the site we're on and I respect people's decisions to do what they wish but be careful with opiates in general; when you hear about "drug deaths" it's almost always opiates either on their own or mixed with benzos / alcohol.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
Red Kratom, it has antianxiety, antidepressant and antipsychotic effects. Its legal in nearly every country and whenever I take it I sleep like a baby

todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
sunbathing, flush niacin, magnesium chloride 'oil' topical.

opiates/kratom/benzos/weed/mdma were mentioned, all are poison

Last edited: