Everyone is alone. Everyone is empty.
Mar 11, 2022

• Aww..
Reactions: GentleJerk
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
The latter, sometimes you find a group and they accept you in or introduce you to more people, unless you're a creepy weirdo stuck in a goth phase.

• Aww..
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
The latter, sometimes you find a group and they accept you in or introduce you to more people, unless you're a creepy weirdo stuck in a goth phase.
How am I supposed to meet anybody? I feel stuck

• Aww..
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
What is it that is making you feel stuck?
Because I can't figure out a way to meet people. In college, I would meet people every semester and then whatever we had would end with the semester. I don't see how friendships or relationships even happen nowadays as an adult. No wonder suicide is high in the young. Entertainment is shit and we're all alone.

Last edited:
E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
It can happen. I think the key is to be consistent with seeing that person and also making sure to hang out when sober as well (drunk goggles are real)

It will require you to step out of your comfort zone a bit -- you will have to make the moves to show that you want a deeper relationship and not a one-night stand. Or even just a friendship in general.

I bonded with my boyfriend by going to the same parties as him (we are in college) we also talked a lot while sober through mutual friends. It could've been one convo that went well and didnt lead to anything, but eventually we would each make effort to talk to each other at some point if we went to the same party.

If you wanna meet people without the influence of alcohol, you can try dating apps (tho be aware most people will not be looking for anything serious on Bumble or Tinder for example) or casual group activities. If you live near a library or museum, sometimes they will hold casual activity events. If you're more sporty you could find hiking groups or club sports in your area. The key is really consistency -- seeing someone regularly helps with bonding and familiarity

Reactions: Joey
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'd say people around our age these days are far more likely to prefer to just go to bars with their friends than to go there expecting to meet their next relationship partner. Especially the people who are actually attractive in both mind and body, they're far more likely to only be there to unwind and would likely also have more luck in dating apps than anywhere else. I think you're just going to have to get into some lame normie hobby like sports, D&D, or something like that in order to give yourself excuses to meet people organically rather than try to force it.

• Aww..
Reactions: Weebster
Weebster

Weebster

Mar 11, 2022
It can happen. I think the key is to be consistent with seeing that person and also making sure to hang out when sober as well (drunk goggles are real)

It will require you to step out of your comfort zone a bit -- you will have to make the moves to show that you want a deeper relationship and not a one-night stand. Or even just a friendship in general.

I bonded with my boyfriend by going to the same parties as him (we are in college) we also talked a lot while sober through mutual friends. It could've been one convo that went well and didnt lead to anything, but eventually we would each make effort to talk to each other at some point if we went to the same party.

If you wanna meet people without the influence of alcohol, you can try dating apps (tho be aware most people will not be looking for anything serious on Bumble or Tinder for example) or casual group activities. If you live near a library or museum, sometimes they will hold casual activity events. If you're more sporty you could find hiking groups or club sports in your area. The key is really consistency -- seeing someone regularly helps with bonding and familiarity
Seems hopeless