• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

B

Bukmeikara1

Jul 29, 2019
I guess the cold water temperature is around 10-15C. If you sit long enough, could you pass out and eventually die ?

Reactions: Baskol1, Deleted member 4288 and Pistolero114
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019

"The average adult can survive over an hour in cold water."

Reactions: Baskol1 and Lookingforabus
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Well... If you pass out in a tub you can possibly drown.

But die from hypothermia? Very unlikely unless you went to a ton of extra effort. And even then, still probably not. Like you have to also make sure your house temperature is very cold, and maybe also fill the tub with ice cubes or something. Normal cold tap water isn't going to do it.

Reactions: Baskol1 and Deleted member 4288
InkBlot

InkBlot

What Do You See?
Sep 17, 2018
As the article linked stated, you can be in 33 degrees freedomheit water essentially naked and itd still take an hour or more to succumb to hypothermia. It'd be easier to get next to black out drunk and go for a swim in a gravel pit in fall or winter.

Pistolero114

Pistolero114

Veteran
Jun 25, 2019
I guess the cold water temperature is around 10-15C. If you sit long enough, could you pass out and eventually die ?

Theoretically yes. But conditions would have to be very precise

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
It would have be to very, very cold, like even below freezing and stuff. This table is a good reference to go by. Based on that table, you'd need to be well below that temperature and even then, it could still take a while to get hypothermia and then eventually die.

Reactions: Baskol1 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Pistolero114

Pistolero114

Veteran
Jun 25, 2019
It would have be to very, very cold, like even below freezing and stuff. This table is a good reference to go by. Based on that table, you'd need to be well below that temperature and even then, it could still take a while to get hypothermia and then eventually die.

Yes indeed it would take time. Much time to reflect upon ones actions. When I had watch in the Navy we were always reminded that if swept overboard in the North Atlantic in the colder months you had about four minutes before hypothermia takes you and pulls you under. I cannot say for sure but in the case of a long term exposure before hypothermia induces death; the muscle spasms would be quite painful. Shuddering is the body's way of trying to warm itself and protect the inner organs from dying. However; in the final few minutes your body will do exactly the opposite. It will suddenly force all the blood to your extremities. This is extremely painful. But soon after follows the shutdown of all organs and death.

I am not knocking your choice of methodology ( if that is your choice of course) just sharing that which I know to be true. Good luck whichever path you choose friend.

A

Anje

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
What im worried about is the place im going to is 4 degrees celcius water but outside temperature is 17 degrees. I heard that near death one takes off all clothes and finds a small space to curl up in. So i could be near death only to get out of water last min and fail! This is so annoying!!! Even if i tie my legs up the body can still move. Also you lose dexterity in cold water very quick.

Reactions: Baskol1
Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
I heard that near death one takes off all clothes and finds a small space to curl up in.

"Paradoxical undressing", in the last phase of hypothermia really only applies to being outdoors, on land during hypothermia... and it doesn't help, or involve curling up for warmth. The problem is that in the final phases of hypothermia, people feel warm (the theory being that nerve paralysis from cold leads to vasodilation leads to warm blood from the core rushing to skin leads to feeling too hot). Of course, they're not actually warm, and removing clothing hurts rather than helps, but in cold water, it's a moot point as water has a much higher specific heat than air, and so it "draws out" heat from a warm body much more quickly.

A

Anje

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
So even if im in shallow spring water near land im very unlikely to undress myself and get out of water right? The water is apparently 4 degrees celcius.

Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
At that temperature, it would take about half an hour (assuming you're submerged or mostly submerged) before you're at risk of unconsciousness and about an hour after that to die (again, assuming you stay submerged or mostly submerged, rather than floating to shore or whatever). I think you're seriously underestimating how much force of will it's going to take to voluntarily stay in a shallow spring, shivering to death for half an hour.

Oh, and as it's cold water, you have to lengthen the period of time after death before you're discovered - there have been documented cases of people being revived several hours after death in cold water, because the lowered temperatures slow down cell death.

Doesn't sound like a great plan to me, but I suppose it could work if you have a particularly strong force of will about it and give yourself enough time.

snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
this is my method. i plan to wait till winter and go jump in a lake
Normal cold tap water isn't going to do it.

according to this chart you can die in water as warm as 10degree C in just 1-3 hours. you can get 10 C water from tap.

Reactions: Deleted member 4288 and Baskol1
A

Anje

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
At that temperature, it would take about half an hour (assuming you're submerged or mostly submerged) before you're at risk of unconsciousness and about an hour after that to die (again, assuming you stay submerged or mostly submerged, rather than floating to shore or whatever). I think you're seriously underestimating how much force of will it's going to take to voluntarily stay in a shallow spring, shivering to death for half an hour.

Oh, and as it's cold water, you have to lengthen the period of time after death before you're discovered - there have been documented cases of people being revived several hours after death in cold water, because the lowered temperatures slow down cell death.

Doesn't sound like a great plan to me, but I suppose it could work if you have a particularly strong force of will about it and give yourself enough time.

I read it could even take 2 hours to die (but im small with little body fat). I plan on getting neck float so just my head is afloat. The long time is mostly for drowning. At that temperature one should die of hypothermia anyways. I would have to attach myself via rope to a nearby tree as theres a current. If i can get my hands on some sleeping pills i think that could help too.. if only my gp will give them to me.

Wait are you saying even when they were in very cold water for hours and hours they didnt die of hypothermia? So the hypothermia chart is absolutely useless? How is that possible? Shouldnt the cold water drop their core temperature vastly?

Last edited:
Nootnoot

Nootnoot

Aug 29, 2019
I read it could even take 2 hours to die (but im small with little body fat). I plan on getting neck float so just my head is afloat. The long time is mostly for drowning. At that temperature one should die of hypothermia anyways. I would have to attach myself via rope to a nearby tree as theres a current. If i can get my hands on some sleeping pills i think that could help too.. if only my gp will give them to me.

Wait are you saying even when they were in very cold water for hours and hours they didnt die of hypothermia? So the hypothermia chart is absolutely useless? How is that possible? Shouldnt the cold water drop their core temperature vastly?
Hi Anje

I am unable to reply to you when you PM me. Let's just say I have done my research and I know how to make it work

snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
the charts correct. i think hes talking about people under icy water, the cold water slow down brain death or something. they will still die eventually, but the cold keeps them alive for another few hours. you'll be unconscious anyway, so as long as you dont get discovered you'll still die

Reactions: Lookingforabus and Baskol1
A

Anje

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
Do you skype, email or facebook?
Hi Anje

I am unable to reply to you when you PM me. Let's just say I have done my research and I know how to make it work

Nootnoot

Nootnoot

Aug 29, 2019
Do you skype, email or facebook?
None. I like my privacy. To be honest, I probably wont share my methods as I dont want others copying me and also insurance reasons

A

Anje

Experienced
Aug 19, 2018
Yeah but
the charts correct. i think hes talking about people under icy water, the cold water slow down brain death or something. they will still die eventually, but the cold keeps them alive for another few hours. you'll be unconscious anyway, so as long as you dont get discovered you'll still die
Yeah but if the water is below 4 celcius they should die from hypothermia in 2 hours or so before drowning is a factor. Thats what confuses me. I have read some people surviving very long time which really sucks. Youd hope the chart is every case
Does very cold water actually slow down hypothermia??? The place im thinking of is minus 4 degrees to 4 degrees. No idea why there is such a range.
None. I like my privacy. To be honest, I probably wont share my methods as I dont want others copying me and also insurance reasons
So you are just gonna wait till you find a partner and tell them on the spot? Or just go by yourself.

Last edited:
Nootnoot

Nootnoot

Aug 29, 2019
So you are just gonna wait till you find a partner and tell them on the spot? Or just go by yourself.
I'm a loner, most probably would do it alone...

I have been thinking of CTB with a partner but it just a thought now

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
according to this chart you can die in water as warm as 10degree C in just 1-3 hours. you can get 10 C water from tap.
You also have to take into consideration other factors, such as room temperature. You are very unlikely to die of hypothermia from tap water, in the middle of summer, inside your house.

Last edited:
snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
You also have to take into consideration other factors, such as room temperature. You are very unlikely to die of hypothermia from tap water, in the middle of summer, inside your house.

But if your submerged in the cold water then why does room temperature matter? It would seem that being in 10 c water is being in 10 c water regardless of the air temperatures. If your getting a constant supply of cold water from the tap then the warm air doesnt get a chance to warm up the water or body fast enough.

Just like If u go inside a walk-in freezer in summer, even with a crack of the door open its still freezing temperatures in the freezer as long as its running and fresh cold air is filling the freezer faster than the warm air from outside can go in. So regardless of the outside summer weather being in a freezer will still freeze.

Last edited:
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
But if your submerged in the cold water then why does room temperature matter? It would seem that being in 10 c water is being in 10 c water regardless of the air temperatures. If your getting a constant supply of cold water from the tap then the warm air doesnt get a chance to warm up the water or body fast enough.

Just like If u go inside a walk-in freezer in summer, even with a crack of the door open its still freezing temperatures in the freezer as long as its running and fresh cold air is filling the freezer faster than the warm air from outside can go in. So regardless of the outside summer weather being in a freezer will still freeze.
You're kind of comparing apples to oranges there, but feel free to try it. I'd bet money, though, that you'll probably just end up uncomfortable with an elevated water bill.

I mean, when's the last time you ever heard of something like this happening? Ever?

snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
You're kind of comparing apples to oranges there, but feel free to try it. I'd bet money, though, that you'll probably just end up uncomfortable with an elevated water bill.

I mean, when's the last time you ever heard of something like this happening? Ever?

Havent found it happening in a bath tub, but there are many cases of people dying in waters that are relatively warm. See the article below which talks about a guy who fell into 60 F water (15 C), air temperatures was 75 F (22 C) even in water and air that warm he got "cold shock response" and died.

also in the article they say in 1 hour hypothermia will set in which is in line with the chart posted earlier.

Last edited: