Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
Good luck! I hope it's not too stressful for you, I'm sure you'll do great
Thanks, it really isn't more stressful than anything else I do involving danger to myself and others.

• Hugs
Reactions: strangeceleste
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
I'm currently working for a driving license

Reactions: Mellowness and strangeceleste
Mellowness

Mellowness

Feb 22, 2021
I started learning the theory for my driving license, but then I stopped and kinda just gave up.. I just don't have the motivation for it I guess. It kinda sucks seeing all my friends get their license while I didn't really start like learning it yet :/

• Hugs
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
If level 99 is the highest and level 1 the lowest, when it comes to driving, let's say I'm level 50.
If you need someone to drive for an emergency, you can always count on me but I'd prefer not to drive. Just give me a computer and let me be a NEET haha.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
strangeceleste

strangeceleste

Don’t believe everything you think
Mar 2, 2021
I started learning the theory for my driving license, but then I stopped and kinda just gave up.. I just don't have the motivation for it I guess. It kinda sucks seeing all my friends get their license while I didn't really start like learning it yet :/
I'm sorry love, it is so hard not having motivation for stuff. Things are on hold with the pandemic anyway, I think it'll be a while before you can take a test because there's such a backlog (in the UK). It isn't a rush, but people do find driving worthwhile so it might be worth trying. Public transport is better for the planet though hehe. Hopefully you can do it if you want to! Let me know if you need help with theory stuff, I used a book from the library (like 7 years ago) and my brother used the app and we both passed.
Edit: just saw you're in Belgium, I probably won't be much help but I'm wishing you lots of luck and sending love

• Hugs
Reactions: Mellowness
Alec

Alec

Wizard
Apr 22, 2019
I totally understand you. When I was taking my driving lessons(I didn't pass btw and for now let it go) I would very often find myself kind of disconnected from reality and realizing that I wasn't paying close enough attention to the road and that I could easily go off road like that and everything just didn't feel real and I didn't care about going off road, but also I would start thinking about crashing into things or other cars, like on the turn I would think "what if I just don't turn the wheel, the car would just keep going straight and hit that wall or whatever else was in front - it would be so easy, I just have to not make this small tiny movement of turning the wheel and stay still" and it would almost calm me down in a way to think about that but also partly scare me about how much I didn't care especially that I didn't care about causing an excuse to with another person with me in a car and possibly involving other drivers in other cars.

• Hugs
strangeceleste

strangeceleste

Don’t believe everything you think
Mar 2, 2021
I totally understand you. When I was taking my driving lessons(I didn't pass btw and for now let it go) I would very often find myself kind of disconnected from reality and realizing that I wasn't paying close enough attention to the road and that I could easily go off road like that and everything just didn't feel real and I didn't care about going off road, but also I would start thinking about crashing into things or other cars, like on the turn I would think "what if I just don't turn the wheel, the car would just keep going straight and hit that wall or whatever else was in front - it would be so easy, I just have to not make this small tiny movement of turning the wheel and stay still" and it would almost calm me down in a way to think about that but also partly scare me about how much I didn't care especially that I didn't care about causing an excuse to with another person with me in a car and possibly involving other drivers in other cars.
I passed on my third attempt haha. But I dissociated when driving sometimes too, which was scary!!

L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
I can drive yes. I Take antipsychotic which makes me drowsy so I try not to drive in the morning. I have recently started suffering vertigo so my driving is limited

• Hugs
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
My anxiety is too bad for me to be able to drive. My mom made me take driver's ed years ago. I only did a few behind the wheel lessons. I don't think I was a bad driver, but I was terrified the entire time so I had to quit.

• Hugs
sorella santini

sorella santini

Jan 19, 2021
I used to have those thoughts- of head on collisions with semi trucks, or full speed ahead into a light pole. But two things crossed my mind: 1. I did not want to injure or kill another person in my attempts or damage property. And 2. I did not want to somehow survive an attempt and come out a paraplegic or end up in a coma or otherwise.

So I have completely dismissed any notion of doing anything reckless in my car.

• Hugs
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I've never had any accidents and am a good driver. I wouldn't have passed if I couldn't drive, I just find it really distressing. I'm not sure if it's even true, or if I made it up. I'm very disconnected from reality. If I'm going to return to normal life, I need to be able to drive safely to function. Right now all I can do is lay in bed. Is there any point in living like this?
I am the opposite of this. I have had a couple accidents, that were legitimately not my fault (t-boned both times). But I am a bad driver. I speed all the time - not a little - like going 150mph+ in my car and 170mph+ on my motorcycle, swerving in and out of traffic. I race on the streets, will turn a shoulder into a lane.

So I would say don't worry about driving safely. Just drive how you want, as long as you don't hurt anyone else.

• Hugs
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I've got my bike license, and I'm not exactly a safe rider either. My cpn knows this and I've never worked out if this is a good or bad thing.

• Hugs
awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
I drive an 18 wheeler for a living. Driving through Chicago traffic is awful in a semi.

• Hugs
Reactions: strangeceleste, gtrfvr and Mentalmick
Odwin

Odwin

Bucket of Chicken
Mar 31, 2021
Yeah, I learned of to drive basicly everything. Was kinda forced to. I really hate to drive trucks. Everyone isn't aware those things are killer machines. Looking at you cyclist.

• Hugs
Reactions: strangeceleste and Mentalmick
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
Omg I had started learning to drive, was gifted a car and everything for my 21st birthday, and although I wasn't a bad driver at all I just couldn't get the image of crashing or killing a pedestrian out of my head so I just had to stop, and my family couldn't understand why :/

• Hugs
Reactions: strangeceleste and Mentalmick
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
Hello no and if I ever were to (unlikely) I'd have to tell them I'm an alcoholic 'cause I've had treatment :pfff:. I just try and live in inner cities and look for McJobs if I really have to.

• Hugs
L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
Yes have been driving 19 years

• Hugs
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Yes, I love the fuck out of night driving. I'd use it as a way to wind down if gas didn't cost money.

• Hugs
ExhaustedExistence

ExhaustedExistence

Life is just waiting for death
Mar 26, 2021
I can drive and I love it (except for parking), but I have these thoughts too. Some time ago I had them only when I was alone in my car, but last time I had them although my mum was with me there. Maybe because she made me pissed off, idk.

But I won't stop driving. I love my car even though it's not an expensive car, actually it's quite cheap, so I don't want to hurt my lovely car. This is what I have to think about when I have some destructive thoughts about crushing.

• Hugs