gardenfairy

gardenfairy

꒰ᐢ. .ᐢ꒱₊˚⊹
Oct 7, 2023
i saw someone say that you can but idk if that's enough to hold someone and break the neck? i'm 85lb if that helps any :/

edit: sorry for my naivety :( hanging seemed like an easy way but i'm seeing now that it's not. thanks for helping me.

Last edited:
Amyend88

Amyend88

A&E
Oct 22, 2023
It's highly inadvisable. Unless you're the lightest adult on earth, it's likely to snap. A proper rope would always be the best bet for full.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, gardenfairy, voyager and 1 other person
gardenfairy

gardenfairy

꒰ᐢ. .ᐢ꒱₊˚⊹
Oct 7, 2023
It's highly inadvisable. Unless you're the lightest adult on earth, it's likely to snap. A proper rope would always be the best bet for full.
okay i see. thank you

voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Tend to agree that it's needlessly risky, any particular reason why it would have to be a necktie?

Reactions: Amyend88, Praestat_Mori and gardenfairy
gardenfairy

gardenfairy

꒰ᐢ. .ᐢ꒱₊˚⊹
Oct 7, 2023
Tend to agree that it's needlessly risky, any particular reason why it would have to be a necktie?
not really, just the convenience of not having to buy and hide a rope. i saw on the hanging megathread that a necktie is a good option but i was unsure if that is for partial or full.

Reactions: voyager
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
not really, just the convenience of not having to buy and hide a rope. i saw on the hanging megathread that a necktie is a good option but i was unsure if that is for partial or full.
I see, well if it had to be something inconspicuous then maybe a climbing cord. It's not as comfortable as thicker rope and therefore would require padding, but it'll hold several hundred kilos worth depending on the diameter and comes in different lengths one can self-adjust (not paracord, that is not professional quality).

Mind you, to me it's a backup, but have had another idea, which would be extremely comfortable, but haven't heard people's opinion on that yet, so will have to ask around first.

Reactions: Amyend88 and gardenfairy
deadbody

deadbody

he/him 🏳️‍⚧️
Oct 24, 2023
No, it's not recommended. I advise you to buy a rope that will support your weight.

Reactions: gardenfairy
gardenfairy

gardenfairy

꒰ᐢ. .ᐢ꒱₊˚⊹
Oct 7, 2023
I see, well if it had to be something inconspicuous then maybe a climbing cord. It's not as comfortable as thicker rope and therefore would require padding, but it'll hold several hundred kilos worth depending on the diameter and comes in different lengths one can self-adjust (not paracord, that is not professional quality).

Mind you, to me it's a backup, but have had another idea, which would be extremely comfortable, but haven't heard people's opinion on that yet, so will have to ask around first.
thank you for the advice, i will look into it.

i hope you'll share your idea once you've worked it all out :]

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager
Leeroy14R

Leeroy14R

Feb 25, 2023
What the hell? Lol. Firstly, how do you weigh like 85 lbs? Well, I would say maybe 2 neck-ties will do the trick… If that doesn't work maybe go for an electric cable?