isthisit?

isthisit?

The name's Cedrik
Jun 23, 2023
I was recently(3 days ago) diagnosed with atopic dermatitis. I was given perscriptions for anti histamines and the side effects of them include drowsiness. That got me thinking if its possible to pass out/ctb on them? Any info helps

Rumi

Rumi

Experienced
Mar 29, 2023
No, the sedative effect reverses itself after a while, so not only would you not pass out, but you wouldn't be able to calm down.

I've never taken more than a few pills at once, but there are people who have taken 1 or 2 grams and have described it as the most horrible thing they ever experienced. There's a subreddit for people who abuse them, have a read of it to get a better sense if you want.

• Informative
Reactions: trashhologram and hikikomorizombie
Upvote 0
isthisit?

isthisit?

The name's Cedrik
Jun 23, 2023
No, the sedative effect reverses itself after a while, so not only would you not pass out, but you wouldn't be able to calm down.

I've never taken more than a few pills at once, but there are people who have taken 1 or 2 grams and have described it as the most horrible thing they ever experienced. There's a subreddit for people who abuse them, have a read of it to get a better sense if you want.
Dam, what subreddit?

Upvote 0
minutelate119

minutelate119

the cold misty morning
Nov 29, 2023
trying to od on prescription meds and things like painkillers & antihistamines are seriously NOT recommended.

Upvote 0
beaten96

beaten96

Jan 26, 2024
Yeah.. I think you'd have to take an insane amount of that for that to be anywhere near effective.. I get the temptation to think that would be effective because it causes such a drowsy effect but the previous poster is right.. it would just make you jittery and have the reverse effect. Maybe take one or two on top of another drug or chemical to help with nerves and help you sleep maybe or stay calm.. I'm looking into fast acting chemicals where the paramedics won't have time to revive me should that situation arise.. might be kind of painful for a minute.. but I'm looking for something to take me out in 5-10 minutes.. so weird.. if anybody knew that I've been researching suicide in depth for years this way.. they would probably freak out. Most people don't understand that we are looking for the most painless way to die and the laws have it so we always have to choose painful excruciatingly painful alternatives because people want to control everything.. as if we weren't in enough pain already.. and if we fail or they find you before you're out.. you have to live with that pain and trauma. I'm looking into a suicide bag or sodium nitrate. Seems like the most effective. Still researching though.

Upvote 0
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I tried ODing twice on some antihistamines that were prescribed to me for my eczema back when I was 15. The first time I took 500mg and nothing really happened outside of it causing me to feel drowsy. The second time I took 1000mg and the experience wasn't great. I had a headache, I was drowsy, dizzy, and my body felt heavy like it was made out of bricks. I realized that it wasn't going to work so I tried to get ready for school but I couldn't because of how bad the effects were so I ended up having to text my mom and come clean about what I had done.

ODing on prescription meds isn't a very good method. Antihistamines can also cause hallucinations when taken in large amounts, along with the other symptoms I've described. It's not a good method and even if it were to be an effective ctb method you'd probably end up dying a miserable death. I'd look into a different method if I were you.

Upvote 0
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
You are more likely to die without then by OD.
They can help you fall asleep if that is part of another method.

Upvote 0