• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FortunesFool

FortunesFool

Oct 24, 2020
My school has a science lab with a bunch of chemicals. I went there today and saw bottles of hydrochloric acid. If i take a 250ml bottle of the acid and drink it, would it kill me? I would do sulfuric acid but i read it burns holes in your stomach and would be painful

Last edited:
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
I don't think so. Most school HCl acid is very mild. And most school put measures in science labs to stop people ctbing.

Reactions: x~Sophia~x
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Any acid has a corrosive effect which no matter which one you drink or take would result in painful, OMG why am I so stupid, reaction. They'll hear your screams of pain, save you, and then re-route your esophagus to the outside of your body and you would have to massage your food down the tube into your stomach. BTW, how old are you?

J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
HCl is what is in your stomach.
Yes you'll burn your mouth and everything on it's way down to the stomach.
What'll happen once there I've no idea. Depends on the concentration I suppose.
I can only imagine it'll be unpleasant, very much so

• Aww..
Reactions: x~Sophia~x
FortunesFool

FortunesFool

Oct 24, 2020
Any acid has a corrosive effect which no matter which one you drink or take would result in painful, OMG why am I so stupid, reaction. They'll hear your screams of pain, save you, and then re-route your esophagus to the outside of your body and you would have to massage your food down the tube into your stomach. BTW, how old are you?

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I have taken hydrochloric acid capsules before which I got at a health store for stomach problems, and they helped a lot. It's what you have in your stomach naturally. At most you might get an ulcer. The liquid would probably burn the hell out of your mouth and throat.

Reactions: Nimbus and Gnip
Gnip

Gnip

Bill the Cat
Oct 10, 2020
I have taken hydrochloric acid capsules before which I got at a health store for stomach problems, and they helped a lot. It's what you have in your stomach naturally. At most you might get an ulcer. The liquid would probably burn the hell out of your mouth and throat.

I also take betaine HCL capsules as a supplement, although I use them irregularly.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
This would be a most painful way to survive. No gain, all pain.

V

Varstraben

Student
May 25, 2020
I have read a dead report about this on bestgore some years ago, but the website is closed now so I can't find it anymore. They was internal organs melted on the autopsy photos with the post. I'm not sure it was this acid, but it was an mild acid for sure.

Gaybonez

Gaybonez

vegan jesus
Nov 30, 2020
This would be a most painful way to survive. No gain, all pain.
Acetaminophen poisoning would be worse. Also, if they actually drank a significant amount, it's unlikely they would live. Don't quote me on that because the stomach already has hydrochloric acid in it. I know if you use an extreme base though it will kill you