• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

hettyratty

hettyratty

May 29, 2024
I am planning to CTB, but method has been difficult for me. My SI kicks in far too quickly for a partial suspension, and I don't have access to any pharmas that would allow me to CTB without pain and/or significant chance of failure.

My current options are full suspension, likely from a tree, or jumping from height. My issue with full sus is that I'm not sure I'd physically be able to scale a tree to the height I needed for a hopeful break, or at least high enough that getting free is unlikely, SI or no.

After Googling, the highest drop to me (~2-3 hours away) is Beachy Head, UK. It's about 175m high. Is this a decent drop, or would it be more likely to end in further disability? My choice on CTB is already made, my only limit is that I don't want to live through it, particularly if it might mean I'd be physically incapable of CTB again, and would be at someone else's whims.

Reactions: eatantz
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
Beachy Head is a well known spot - you need to be approximately level with the lighthouse to ensure a clear drop.

However, because it's a well known spot, the chaplains monitor the area and will stop and talk to anyone they think might be at risk. So be prepared for that / them to call the police if they think you're at risk.

Reactions: eatantz and Forveleth
R

Rubypie41

Experienced
Mar 25, 2024
I've wondered this myself. Lots of people have committed suicide at Beachy Head, but the fear of failure or being painless will lead to SI kicking in.

I've often thought about jumping as method, but the worry about smashing into the ground and feeling all the bones in your body breaking, or waking up as a complete cripple scares the hell out of me.

Reactions: unabletocope
hettyratty

hettyratty

May 29, 2024
Beachy Head is a well known spot - you need to be approximately level with the lighthouse to ensure a clear drop.

However, because it's a well known spot, the chaplains monitor the area and will stop and talk to anyone they think might be at risk. So be prepared for that / them to call the police if they think you're at risk.
Yes, I figured there would be, given it's a high spot. But I hope to kinda be over the edge and done with it. I know that isn't often how it works, but I figure if I bring my camera and pose as a tourist, I can get fairly close to the edge without being spotted, and then run the last hurdle. Do you know if there are barriers?
I've wondered this myself. Lots of people have committed suicide at Beachy Head, but the fear of failure or being painless will lead to SI kicking in.

I've often thought about jumping as method, but the worry about smashing into the ground and feeling all the bones in your body breaking, or waking up as a complete cripple scares the hell out of me.
That's my fear too. It's not death, it's the chance of not-death. If I didn't, there would be no one to take care of me, so I'd be at the mercy of the NHS. As much as I love it, there are... A lot of flaws. And I'd no longer be able to make my own choices in my life/death. The fear cripples me.

Reactions: unabletocope
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Yes but it's surreal looking down, I have been on that cliff edge.

You can see why it's fatal, it's like 500 ft down onto massive rocks. No wonder no one survived. We can't count those who land on ledges or trees, I mean those who did it in the right spot.

Reactions: dedsadLoner98, eatantz and Forveleth