• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

E

estadiare

Aug 31, 2022
Hello, near my area there is a bridge with a horizontal safety net that is 10ft under street height and spans 13 ft. horizontally. Underneath there's a 100 ft free fall onto street concrete (safety net height subtracted).

first I was wondering about the obvious. How difficult would it be to leap over the net for a modestly athletic male? It looks fairly doable from above, but the math seems to be non-trivial and I have no experience in standing broad jumps.

more realistically, I was wondering, could I just drop onto the net and jump from there? I could hang onto the side of the bridge and descend the 10ft with basically zero drop. There doesn't seem to be any information available on this specific installation, but it seems similar enough to the golden gate bridge. They say: "It's stainless-steel wire rope netting, so it's like jumping into a cheese grater, It's not soft. It's not rubber. It doesn't stretch. We want folks to know that if you come here, it will hurt if you jump."

I feel like the great difference here is the drop height of the net. In the golden gate bridge its around 20 ft which is a dangerous thing to jump on regardless of the material used, but in my case its basically zero if you do a little hang drop. But once i'm on the net the steel wires rope should pose no problems, right?

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
Have you ever tried to walk in a net before? I used to go to a playground with one made from rope and it took some good balance/coordination to get across. Your are going to be trying to crawl over stainless steel wire. It's going to cut into anything you put weight on: hands, feet, elbows, knees, forearms. I'm guessing it's designed you keep you in pain and/or fumbling long enough for them to come fish you out. Also, a quick Google of barrier effectiveness doesn't give any clues about people who get caught up in them but I'm guessing it's going to be a literal and figurative pain to try and get across.

first I was wondering about the obvious. How difficult would it be to leap over the net for a modestly athletic male? It looks fairly doable from above, but the math seems to be non-trivial and I have no experience in standing broad jumps.
This is an easy question to answer. Try to jump 13 feet. That's the length of my bedroom. I don't think you can avoid the nets unless you do a practiced, running jump.