V

virtualoctopus

Student
Aug 15, 2020
I dunno but the idea of it makes me laugh, like its the punchline of a joke. Am I just manic?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ximon, LonelyDude15, 262653 and 1 other person
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
Sorry, I don't really see how suicide can be funny.

Reactions: Fin, WitheringAway, laura fines and 9 others
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
Nothing funny at all about Suicide

Reactions: laura fines, Deleted member 4993, Marauder and 3 others
V

virtualoctopus

Student
Aug 15, 2020
why not? Its the end of your life, but it doesn't necessarily have to have more emphasis than the rest of your life. Why not end with a joke?
BTW I just lost The Game!

Reactions: LonelyDude15
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i can see how it would be funny. i mean to be brought into this world to have to leave it by your own hand is kind of......i want to say ironic but im not sure thats the right word

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, voidman, Vault of Memories and 4 others
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
It's alright if we want to joke about our own suicides or try to lighten the mood but not when it comes to other people's. Most people are in a really dark place when they choose to ctb.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, AnotherBrick, WitheringAway and 14 others
V

virtualoctopus

Student
Aug 15, 2020
It's alright if we want to joke about our own suicides or try to lighten the mood but not when it comes to other people's. Most people are in a really dark place when they choose to ctb.
exactly! its because its such a dark place that it inroduces light & levity & laughter at the absurdity of it all. Its precisely at that moment when we NEED laughter the most.

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
I think it was the way you worded it. You made it sound like you think it's funny that people are killing themselves.

Reactions: Mm80, Lupgevif and BipolarGuy
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
I think it was the way you worded it. You made it sound like you think it's funny that people are killing themselves.
I had the same interpretation.

Reactions: Emily_Numb and Deleted member 19654
Astronomer

Astronomer

GIF Geek
Oct 6, 2020
Not as funny as this stupid post

Reactions: Emily_Numb, Meditation guide and Marauder
Cant Maintain

Cant Maintain

Garbage Fire
Aug 21, 2020
If it cant be, my note is gonna fall sour affffffff

Reactions: dontwantocareanymore, virtualoctopus and jrums
V

virtualoctopus

Student
Aug 15, 2020
Ya'll lake life to seriously to end it.
I guess that's why you're still alive.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I can laugh at myself about anything including suicide. Not taking life or death too seriously makes it easier to cope.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Captive of Mind, Mischievous and 4 others
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
Not everyone here wants to die but they feel as though it's their only option. You can't really expect people to want to joke about their ctb when they're in a dark place.

Reactions: Élégie, Meditation guide, Deleted member 4993 and 6 others
V

virtualoctopus

Student
Aug 15, 2020
Not everyone here wants to die but they feel as though it's their only option. You can't really expect people to want to joke about their ctb when they're in a dark place.
which is why light is needed.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
which is why light is needed.
It's not always that easy. I happen to be the fuck it I'll find humor in it type, but I can also see many don't see it that way.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, whywere, Soul and 1 other person
V

virtualoctopus

Student
Aug 15, 2020
It's not always that easy. I happen to be the fuck it I'll find humor in it type, but I can also see many don't see it that way.
and their life/death is all the poorer for it. I say, force a laugh if you can't laugh in earnest.
suicide is nothing except a punctuation mark.

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, humour is subjective and it's certainly possible to find some genuine humour in suicide. Although I think it's probably very rare that anyone is able to because it's usually mostly or totally a painful ordeal. Personally I don't find any humour in the idea of my suicide or anyone else's. Nonetheless, there is such variety and complexity in humans that someone must have surely laughed about their own ctb. Laughing at others' ctb seems to me cruel and disrespectful, but that doesn't mean there aren't people who feel that way.

Reactions: Élégie, GoodPersonEffed, whywere and 2 others
V

virtualoctopus

Student
Aug 15, 2020
Yes, humour is subjective and it's certainly possible to find some genuine humour in suicide. Although I think it's probably very rare that anyone is able to because it's usually mostly or totally a painful ordeal. Personally I don't find any humour in the idea of my suicide or anyone else's. Nonetheless, there is such variety and complexity in humans that someone must have surely been laughed about their own ctb. Laughing at others' ctb seems to me cruel and disrespectful, but that doesn't mean there aren't people who feel that way.
shadenfraud

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
and their life/death is all the poorer for it. I say, force a laugh if you can't laugh in earnest.
Struggling to empathize huh? That's ok, not all personalities can laugh at themself. In fact most can't. It's really not easy to find humor in how messed up life is. It's a specific coping mechanism. Different people cope in different ways, and no way is right or wrong.

Reactions: Élégie, whywere, dontwantocareanymore and 3 others
V

virtualoctopus

Student
Aug 15, 2020
Struggling to empathize huh? That's ok, not all personalities can do that. In fact most can't. It's really not easy to find humor in how messed up life it. It's a specific coping mechanism. Different people cope in different ways, and no way is right or wrong.
true

• Hugs
Reactions: Lupgevif and Ghost2211
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
I dunno but the idea of it makes me laugh, like its the punchline of a joke. Am I just manic?
It can be, anything can be in the right context, black humor and suicide go very well together.

Reactions: whywere, Superdeterminist and virtualoctopus
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Are you really judging people because they are "still alive"? Some of us find it tragic and don't want to die but we feel forced out if life. Also ctb is hard people like myself are alive for others. Suicide is NOT funny period. There is no humor or light-heartedness in my death....sorry I'm devastated over the fact I'll ctb!

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed, whywere and grimfukis
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Cartoons and slapstick are full of jokes about getting killed/run over/exploded by roadrunners, ACME dynamite or a giant blancmange - we clearly find *something* potentially funny about it.

Of course it's not about laughing at someone who's suffering enough to commit suicide. But if I can come up with a good joke on my way out, I'll be delighted.

Reactions: whywere, dontwantocareanymore, Superdeterminist and 1 other person
ZardozOmega

ZardozOmega

Narcissist Gay NEET-cel
Mar 4, 2020
Maybe, if you try to go out in a comedic or ironic way. I personally can't think of anything, but I'm sure it's possible.

Reactions: dontwantocareanymore
V

virtualoctopus

Student
Aug 15, 2020
Maybe, if you try to go out in a comedic or ironic way. I personally can't think of anything, but I'm sure it's possible.
maybe it's more of an inside joke. You had to be there, you know.

Reactions: Soul and ZardozOmega
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
You joke about your own suicide, leave others to treat theirs as they see fit. Stop forcing this "since it's such a dark time, everyone need to treat it lightly" bullshit, you are trying to dictate other people experiences, over which you have no say on.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, Undefined, GoodPersonEffed and 2 others
V

virtualoctopus

Student
Aug 15, 2020
You joke about your own suicide, leave others to treat theirs as they see fit. Stop forcing this "since it's such a dark time, everyone need to treat it lightly" bullshit, you are trying to dictate other people experiences, over which you have no say on.
well obviously there's no such thing as an ultimate statement. But there is such a thing as choice. Suicide, like laughter, is a choice.

Reactions: Lupgevif
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
And I treat mine with lots of sarcasm and self deprecating humor. I don't how yet, but I intend to fit a very gruesome joke within my suicide note. I just don't expect others to do the same, nor will I laugh from any suicide unless the victim leaves any humorous cue behind.

Reactions: flatearth