• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
I am been struggling to sleep and have been taking nytol to help me sleep.

I take more than 3 every night even though the packet says take one.
When i wake up the next morning i feel even more tired and withdrawn.
Can sleeping pills become addictive

L

LionsTigersAndBears

Archangel
Oct 14, 2020
Depends, I was addicted to Temazepam within 2 months but managed to stop, I took zopiclone for 2 years without becoming addicted

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
Not physically I don't think but psychologically, sure.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
You can become dependent on sleeping pills. Some people who rely on them long term begin to need them to sleep. And some people don't.

But it also depends on the medication. You can Google it easily or just ask a doctor or the pharmacy if you're concerned about a specific one.

I take more than 3 every night even though the packet says take one.
When i wake up the next morning i feel even more tired and withdrawn.

I think you maybe answered your own question. It sounds like you're taking too much, so you're having that hungover feeling as a side effect. Try following the directions.

Last edited:
girlofduty

girlofduty

Dec 12, 2020
For me, they were. I had to stop them when I was pregnant and my doctors (psychiatrist and obgyn) were paranoid about the pills affecting the baby. From the moment I stopped, I could not sleep well and no other medication worked, as the drs wanted me to take OTC sleeping medicine. They did not do a thing for me.

Taking the one pill is not effective for you?

Reactions: Pookie
Manford

Manford

Student
Dec 7, 2020
Nytol is just Benadryl and is not physically addictive. Benzos are addictive. I think ones like Ambien and Lunesta are addictive but less so.

Reactions: aeon and Pookie
Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
As @Manford above said, it's Benadryl which is an antihistamine and antihistamines aren't addictive. Maybe you've become dependent on it for sleep but it's not like you'll go through withdrawals if you stopped it. Benzos and barbiturates are a different story. So don't worry.

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Sounds like you are developing a tolerance if you need more than the stated dose.

I'd try to find other complementary ways to achieve the same effect. They will become useless otherwise and you will have to use stronger (potentially addictive) meds to get any effect.