manslxt

manslxt

He/Him // Emo
Nov 23, 2023
I have a friend who's needed to go to a mental hospital for over half a year now but their parents won't let them. they're 16 and live in Pennsylvania, can they check themselves into a mental hospital? or is there anyone who can help them? they're unable to drive without their parent's and. I need advice. Could a fire department help them? I've heard they'd help abused children running away, before.
they want to go to one, they want help.

Last edited:
Aim

Aim

šŸ¤
Sep 12, 2023
I'm not sure about this since I don't live in the us! But if you Google it, or maybe call them and ask. Then maybe that could help give you some more answers. Hope it works out for your friend.

Reactions: manslxt
manslxt

manslxt

He/Him // Emo
Nov 23, 2023
I'm not sure about this since I don't live in the us! But if you Google it, or maybe call them and ask. Then that can maybe give you some more answers. Hope it works out for your friend.
thank you! When I try to google it it gives me a generalized answer for the entirety of the US. I don't live there either, so I'm not sure how to help them. I wish you the best

Aim

Aim

šŸ¤
Sep 12, 2023
You need to google the name of the state he or she is living in I believe! Thank you.

puella

puella

she/they
Oct 5, 2023
If they have a therapist, they should talk to them about this. The therapist could help them get more choices on hospitals to go to and help explain the situation to the healthcare workers to take stress off your friend.

If not, I believe they can just call 911 and explain the situation themself. It is not only possible, but better to voluntarily go to a mental hospital. They'd get more (not total, still) freedom on choosing when to leave. But they could never have full autonomy on leaving, especially as a minor.

Reactions: manslxt