nembutal

nembutal

everything will be okay in the end
Jul 14, 2022
i was born with a different name than my current, legal one. my legal name has been changed on every document other than my birth certificate (passport, all current and future records, etc). my family is very…. i don't even know how to describe it. whether they are transphobic or not they don't enjoy the fact that i changed my name. none of my family members call me by my preferred legal name. im worried that after i die, they will use my birth name (deadname) at my funeral, obituaries, etc. because i won't exactly be alive i won't be able to control whether or not they adhere to my legal name, and i'm sure they would use my birth name if given the chance. do they have this right? i don't know of the legal procedures.

• Hugs
Reactions: Yaffle
Painfu.Ll.suffering

Painfu.Ll.suffering

My D
Sep 17, 2023
I guess you could get an attorney and write it in a will... But as i myself cant get anything done anymore, i can see that this is not as doable as it might sound...

Reactions: Skathon
Y

Yaffle

Life’s a bitch
Nov 9, 2023
Are you in the US?

In the UK the executor to one's will has legal authority for making funeral arrangements. Is this the same for you?

If so nominate your solicitor/attorney as executor and leave detailed funeral wishes.

Reactions: Skathon