• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

krxbs

krxbs

a bleeding heart </3
Jan 24, 2023
Hey all. Sorry in advance if this was discussed before, I checked briefly but I haven't been able to find much info on the forum on this topic and it's really stressing me out right now so I need to ask here until I can reach a pharmacist.

So yesterday, at 1:46 AM, I impulsively took 30mg of metoclopramide and started preparing my SN. 45 minutes later, I still felt normal, but I couldn't bring myself to go through with it, so I threw away my drink and went on to other things.

Around 3:20 AM, I started feeling very intense physical exhaustion. Mentally, I was tired but mostly still there and not quite sleepy; physically, however, I was so tired I could barely even check my phone. This only kept getting worse, to the point where by 3:40 the sedation left me physically knocked out and I could hardly breathe. I'm not kidding; I was breathing so shallowly I was afraid that I would suffocate. Keep in mind that mentally I was alert and terrified, and it was only physically that I felt incapable of any sort of action.

Around 4:06 AM, I regained enough power to check my phone again and start moving around. I tried to sort of walk the rest of the meto exhaustion out of me but it still took some time to let it all out, even with exercise. One of the first things I did after I could move again was flush all my meto down the toilet in angered distress.

My concern is that it's been nearly a full day and a half since then and my breathing is still labored. I don't know if that period of sedation somehow damaged something in my lungs or nerve system because I couldn't breathe, or if these are just stress symptoms because I've been in deep distress recently. I really just want some reassurance that I didn't somehow irreversibly damage my body with fucking meto of all things. I'm pretty sure I'm just stressing myself out, since it's supposed to be harmless (?).

For context, I'm a young adult male weighing ~63kg. I suffer from shortness of breath at times but nothing like this. I take sertraline and liver supplements daily and vitamin D every other day. This is the second time I've experienced these symptoms, and to my memory, I don't think I was taking any of these pills the first time this happened, so I don't think it can be owed to an interaction between them.

Thanks for reading. I'll update if my symptoms alleviate or I learn more about what's going on, in case anyone ever struggles with the same issue.

• Aww..
Reactions: Pluto and 90starve
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Meto is known to have very serious, even disabling side effects for some people- the sooner you get medical care the better. Just search on youtube by "metochlopramide side effects" and you will see- I don't want to spell out the details because it is all there, including videos of patients with these side effects.

• Love
Reactions: krxbs and 90starve
90starve

90starve

i don’t know who i am
May 8, 2023
Hey all. Sorry in advance if this was discussed before, I checked briefly but I haven't been able to find much info on the forum on this topic and it's really stressing me out right now so I need to ask here until I can reach a pharmacist.

So yesterday, at 1:46 AM, I impulsively took 30mg of metoclopramide and started preparing my SN. 45 minutes later, I still felt normal, but I couldn't bring myself to go through with it, so I threw away my drink and went on to other things.

Around 3:20 AM, I started feeling very intense physical exhaustion. Mentally, I was tired but mostly still there and not quite sleepy; physically, however, I was so tired I could barely even check my phone. This only kept getting worse, to the point where by 3:40 the sedation left me physically knocked out and I could hardly breathe. I'm not kidding; I was breathing so shallowly I was afraid that I would suffocate. Keep in mind that mentally I was alert and terrified, and it was only physically that I felt incapable of any sort of action.

Around 4:06 AM, I regained enough power to check my phone again and start moving around. I tried to sort of walk the rest of the meto exhaustion out of me but it still took some time to let it all out, even with exercise. One of the first things I did after I could move again was flush all my meto down the toilet in angered distress.

My concern is that it's been nearly a full day and a half since then and my breathing is still labored. I don't know if that period of sedation somehow damaged something in my lungs or nerve system because I couldn't breathe, or if these are just stress symptoms because I've been in deep distress recently. I really just want some reassurance that I didn't somehow irreversibly damage my body with fucking meto of all things. I'm pretty sure I'm just stressing myself out, since it's supposed to be harmless (?).

For context, I'm a young adult male weighing ~63kg. I suffer from shortness of breath at times but nothing like this. I take sertraline and liver supplements daily and vitamin D every other day. This is the second time I've experienced these symptoms, and to my memory, I don't think I was taking any of these pills the first time this happened, so I don't think it can be owed to an interaction between them.

Thanks for reading. I'll update if my symptoms alleviate or I learn more about what's going on, in case anyone ever struggles with the same issue.
i don't know anything about meto - but it sounds to me that you should get this checked out.

thinking of you and wishing you the best <3

• Love
Reactions: krxbs
W

watchingthebuses

Mar 18, 2023
Are you in US? With metoclopromide, I think the concern is probably going to be something called extrapyramidal syndrome, especially since you take sertraline too, but I think this isnt a huge concern from what Im reading, especially at 30 mg dose one time. Weakness like you described can definitely be due to taking too much of the metoclo, but it should go away. If you are worried, I would advise calling poison control, just say you accidently took too many because you were feeling nauseous. It could've also been an allergic reaction but it would be more of a feeling of your throat closing up so likely not.

Your body is probably stressed out from preparing yourself for the SN, so it could be a stress response (the breathing), and then also the worry of what taking too much metoclo did to your body. Try to take some deep breath and relax (if you can), if you feel like your life is in immediate danger, then get medical help, but otherwise I suggest poison control. Pharmacists usually refer to poison control even if you call to ask about overdose.

And again, I've seen people on metoclopramide like 10 mg three times a day for indigestion so I think 30 mg once shouldn't be a huge issue.

• Love
Reactions: Bastet, krxbs and 90starve
krxbs

krxbs

a bleeding heart </3
Jan 24, 2023
Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm still sort of freaking out but I'm trying really hard to calm down and keep stressors to a minimum. I really hope this is just a stress response and I'm psyching myself out really bad. If it doesn't get any better by tomorrow I'm probably going to go to a clinic.

• Aww..
Reactions: Bastet
HD72

HD72

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
Sep 10, 2023
Are you in US? With metoclopromide, I think the concern is probably going to be something called extrapyramidal syndrome, especially since you take sertraline too, but I think this isnt a huge concern from what Im reading, especially at 30 mg dose one time. Weakness like you described can definitely be due to taking too much of the metoclo, but it should go away. If you are worried, I would advise calling poison control, just say you accidently took too many because you were feeling nauseous. It could've also been an allergic reaction but it would be more of a feeling of your throat closing up so likely not.

Your body is probably stressed out from preparing yourself for the SN, so it could be a stress response (the breathing), and then also the worry of what taking too much metoclo did to your body. Try to take some deep breath and relax (if you can), if you feel like your life is in immediate danger, then get medical help, but otherwise I suggest poison control. Pharmacists usually refer to poison control even if you call to ask about overdose.

And again, I've seen people on metoclopramide like 10 mg three times a day for indigestion so I think 30 mg once shouldn't be a huge issue.
Actually even one dose can give you something called akathisia. It is a living hell. Believe me. It gets worse every day. It can also be caused by antipsychotics.