R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
Can I really hang myself with a towel? Like, a normal bathroom towel?

Does this work, or is it less effective than, for instance, using a rope?

I don't have access to a rope right now, so I'm wondering what kind of common household items I could use.

Reactions: Tiburcio
D

Dip

Student
Jul 27, 2018
Perhaps, depending on the towel.

You're still better off getting a rope. Surely you can afford about $10 to get a good sturdy rope and don't forget to check the breaking strength.

Reactions: AntiLifeEric and Deleted_9cKnXB34QG
Definitelyworried

Definitelyworried

Jun 19, 2018
Can I really hang myself with a towel? Like, a normal bathroom towel?

Does this work, or is it less effective than, for instance, using a rope?

I don't have access to a rope right now, so I'm wondering what kind of common household items I could use.
I have a rope and I have a towell, if I had to use one I think I would use the towell because I think it hurts less, but I could be totally wrong.
The towell is thin but strong. I think it's a beach towell.

Reactions: NoHope
R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
So this is doable? I might give it a shot in the next couple weeks...I have no experience with tying knots or hanging, can anyone point me to info on how to do it on this site?

And, really? A bathroom towel? Haha. Wouldn't the rope I need be expensive? Like hemp rope or something?

D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
Wouldn't the rope I need be expensive? Like hemp rope or something?
No, polipropylen ropes are very strong and dirt cheap.
The one I'll be using can hold like 1200 kg and costs 2$ lol.

Reactions: Comatose11, shadow11 and Tiburcio
D

Dip

Student
Jul 27, 2018
So this is doable? I might give it a shot in the next couple weeks...I have no experience with tying knots or hanging, can anyone point me to info on how to do it on this site?

And, really? A bathroom towel? Haha. Wouldn't the rope I need be expensive? Like hemp rope or something?

This would be a good place to start:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/how-to-hang-yourself.1183/

The rope that I got for just over $10 was a sisal rope, 10mm X 10m, firm grip, breaking strength of 200kg. Not that expensive.

As @cheeki_breeki said above you can also use a synthetic rope (to me using an older-style yet strong rope just feels better). Just remember to check the rope's strength in either case.

Reactions: Tiburcio, shadow11, lv-gras and 1 other person
R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
Maybe I will try the towel, I don't know.

Reactions: lv-gras
R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
What about a belt? I guess the whole thing is trying to find something that will support my body weight? Unfortunately I am pretty overweight right now (like 220 pounds).

Reactions: Tiburcio and Comatose11
R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
Robin Williams did it with a belt and a doorknob, so I guess it's possible...

C

CRM

Idiot
Jul 13, 2018
Whatever you use, tie it somewhere and grab hold of it and swing around on it to make sure both the material and the support will hold.

As for a belt, that was initially my plan before I bought a rope. If it's of any help, I came close to going unconscious using a belt once. I definitely would have had I not backed out, but whether or not it would have killed me, I'm not sure. I weigh 160 for reference.

Also, as the user above said, Robin Williams used a belt. Many celebrity suicides have been done successfully with unorthodox materials as well, but I personally plan on using a static rope. They're cheap and can be bought online.

Reactions: Anarchy, lv-gras, Dip and 2 others
Mizule

Mizule

Jul 22, 2018
Just get a rope.

Reactions: Dip and Deleted_9cKnXB34QG
R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
So I've got a hangar rod in my closet...put the belt around it and pulled a little bit...seems like it can support a lot of weight but I'm not sure it would support my body weight...if only I hadn't stopped caring about my appearance a few years ago and stayed a normal weight, haha...

Dumb question: how do I secure the belt to the hangar rod? I'm not sure the belt has enough length to fasten to the hangar rod AND to tie into a knot. I guess it would be a slip knot?

Anyway...this must be a valid method...I see so many people who have committed suicide using a belt and a door knob.

I literally cannot get a rope right now. I literally have no money (live with my parents), so I'd have to steal money out of their wallets, which I'm not going to do.

I do have a belt and some towels. There is a long cord in the garage, but I'm not sure I could hang myself with that. Plus, I would have to get it out of there in order to practice with it, and my dad might notice it's gone.

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Tiburcio and lv-gras
C

CRM

Idiot
Jul 13, 2018
So I've got a hangar rod in my closet...put the belt around it and pulled a little bit...seems like it can support a lot of weight but I'm not sure it would support my body weight...if only I hadn't stopped caring about my appearance a few years ago and stayed a normal weight, haha...

Dumb question: how do I secure the belt to the hangar rod? I'm not sure the belt has enough length to fasten to the hangar rod AND to tie into a knot. I guess it would be a slip knot?

Anyway...this must be a valid method...I see so many people who have committed suicide using a belt and a door knob.

I literally cannot get a rope right now. I literally have no money (live with my parents), so I'd have to steal money out of their wallets, which I'm not going to do.

I do have a belt and some towels. There is a long cord in the garage, but I'm not sure I could hang myself with that. Plus, I would have to get it out of there in order to practice with it, and my dad might notice it's gone.
Look up Lyle Stevik to see someone who did it with a belt. His belt looks pretty long to me. I'm not sure if you can fasten it properly if you can't tie a knot.

There's also this post from 8chan that discusses putting the belt in the jam on top of the door/top hinge. I'm not sure how effective that would be, though. Seems like the door could pop open.

https://media.8ch.net/file_store/73...4e7074f6b24ae0552659c0df678f2d21253e9f956.png

Also, is there any reason you can't buy a rope? Maybe buying an Amazon gift card at the store if you don't have a credit card and don't want to buy one in person at a store?

R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
I live with my parents and have mentioned suicide by hanging, there's no way they would be cool with a rope showing up from Amazon.

Reactions: lv-gras and Tiburcio
R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
In a year or two I will be in a situation where I can get a rope, probably. Like, I'll have an income and have my own apartment. I could wait, but I don't really want to...

C

CRM

Idiot
Jul 13, 2018
In a year or two I will be in a situation where I can get a rope, probably. Like, I'll have an income and have my own apartment. I could wait, but I don't really want to...
Feel free to keep experimenting with belts or other household objects. It can definitely be done. But if you ever come across an opportunity to get or sneak a rope, definitely do it. It makes the method of hanging ten times easier and more likely to succeed.

J

Juliajulia

Aug 19, 2018
Broke two belts today attempting this and I'm 120lbs.. I'm sure Robbin Williams had access to more expensive belts than me, though, so who knows

S

shadow11

Wizard
Jul 31, 2018
Broke two belts today attempting this and I'm 120lbs.. I'm sure Robbin Williams had access to more expensive belts than me, though, so who knows
Could you cut a sheet and twist it

C

CRM

Idiot
Jul 13, 2018
Seems weird. Were you using braided leather? That shit is brittle. Was something fully suspended from the belt? I think most hanging by belts are in contact with the ground.

R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
Damn it, why does suicide have to be so difficult? I'm too demotivated to actually live my life, but I have to have all this motivation and investment to figure out how to die! It's annoying.

Last edited:
Reactions: anelakapu, Deutsch, UglyAndSuicidal and 2 others
S

shadow11

Wizard
Jul 31, 2018
Damn it, why does suicide have to be so difficult? I'm too demotivated to actually life my life, but I have to have all this motivation and investment to figure out how to die! It's annoying.
I'm trying right now but all I can do is cry I want it so bad but I'm so scared

Reactions: Deutsch
J

Juliajulia

Aug 19, 2018
Well my 120lbs were fully suspended, yes, and they were women's belts, I could imagine men's belts are sturdier and thicker.

C

CRM

Idiot
Jul 13, 2018
Yeah, Robin Williams was sitting down, I think, and obviously using a men's belt. Hope you find something that works for you.

J

Juliajulia

Aug 19, 2018
I'm trying right now but all I can do is cry I want it so bad but I'm so scared
Don't be scared, remember you're the one calling the shots, no one else. Give yourself time, you're going to be dead forever, what are a couple of days compared to eternity

Reactions: Deutsch, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, CRM and 1 other person
R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
I don't understand the sitting method. So you tie the belt to the door knob, put the other end around your neck and then lean forward? I guess you're going against gravity when doing this, right? You're forcing your neck forward until you're knocked unconscious, and then "gravity finishes the job" because your body goes limp? I really don't understand this approach but it sounds pretty straightforward...

Reactions: lv-gras and Tiburcio
S

shadow11

Wizard
Jul 31, 2018
Don't be scared, remember you're the one calling the shots, no one else. Give yourself time, you're going to be dead forever, what are a couple of days compared to eternity
Thank you

R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
Anyone want to donate like $20 so I can get a rope on Amazon? I know, pathetic.

R

Ryukil93

Aug 13, 2018
I wouldn't have accepted money anyway, haha.

What about a necktie? Is that really a way to do it?