zombiegirl

zombiegirl

the living dead
Aug 17, 2023
i'm really tryna consider all my options here. i've attempted this before from a doorknob, but i couldn't restrict my breathing enough to pass out

warm dreams

warm dreams

Nov 23, 2023
By and large, all failed partial hanging attempts are due to insufficient pressure on the arteries. I read a lot on the forum that people were only able to do this after a while, when they realized that they had to put much more pressure on the neck than they had previously done. If you can, just push past that belt pain threshold and try to apply as much pressure as possible to your neck. It may take practice, but you'll get it eventually.

• Informative
Reactions: fkyou, RUPA, emptymiku and 2 others
KSZ

KSZ

Dec 3, 2023
I mean, you probably can, but you need to do some calculations. Can that belt handle the weight? How strong will it be. Etc. You can test it on something else to see how well it will hold on.

deadbody

deadbody

he/him 🏳️‍⚧️
Oct 24, 2023
Depends at the belt itself, it's strength and possibility of handle your weight. But I recommend you to find a good strong rope if it's possible.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Yes you can. Use the top of your door.

tinyghost

tinyghost

go home at dawn sleep in the sun
Sep 13, 2023
i tried using a belt. partial on a doorknob i could never get to work but with full hanging i almost did. the belt gave out however so really double check it can hold your weight especially when you thrash around. otherwise it would have worked.

Neogoloid

Neogoloid

Crush me until there’s nothing left
Oct 28, 2023
It should work, I've heard of a woman doing it with a belt in jail. She tied it to a cell door.

tinyghost

tinyghost

go home at dawn sleep in the sun
Sep 13, 2023
How comes you haven't gone back to trying full suspension with a different ligature?
i haven had any attempts since that one. im not sure if i want to cbt that way anymore. my current plan is something else.

DeadManLiving

DeadManLiving

Ticketholder
Sep 9, 2022
Anthony Bourdain did, apparently in the bathroom of his hotel.

• Aww..
Reactions: annointed_towers
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I mean, I'd imagine so, though there's probably better options. Comfort can make all the difference in an attempt and my gut tells my a belt is too stiff to be ideal, yet I can't deny that it can be just as effective as any other rope.

I've heard some people describe partial as a sort of strangulation until the arteries are found and the person adjusts accordingly, so I'd keep that in mind when considering your last moments.

Reactions: LeperGnome and Trakehner
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Tie a knot in the end of the belt first so it will not slip.

Attachments

• Overhand-Knot-S.jpg
    Overhand-Knot-S.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Informative
Reactions: zombiegirl
Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
i tried using a belt. partial on a doorknob i could never get to work but with full hanging i almost did. the belt gave out however so really double check it can hold your weight especially when you thrash around. otherwise it would have worked.
Did it hurt you to do a complete hanging? How did you manage not to break your neck or throat? Did you pass out before your belt broke? And tell me, please, did you lower your whole body abruptly or did you do it slowly?

K

KoreaJobHuntFailure

Nov 24, 2023
I tried partial hanging with a belt but it never worked. It just gave me a feeling of head explosion. I found rope is less hurt, quick to black out, and easy to tie it.

zombiegirl

zombiegirl

the living dead
Aug 17, 2023
I tried partial hanging with a belt but it never worked. It just gave me a feeling of head explosion. I found rope is less hurt, quick to black out, and easy to tie it.
yeah, if i attempt this way again ill prolly invest in some rope