• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Phantom

Phantom

Apr 9, 2018
I would really like to ensure that my organs pass on to the ones that need have them, if I choose to go.

However I am worried that possible autopsy or the fact that my body isn't found soon enough may damage my organs before they can be secured. I'm worried that if I call police before killing myself I may get caught alive, and if I don't my organs will expire. What can I do?

Reactions: Cyanide
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
You can't, because it is ultimately the decision of the responsible for the body after you death. You can only hope they respect your wishes. That might be different depending on the country you live in, though. As for the concern about the organs not being damaged, there is no much you can do unless you kill yourself in front of a hospital or something like that. You can try to warn authorities during or before your attempt, but you are risking being found and "saved". Maybe submerge your body in a bathtub full of ice (cubes) in a way that the cold would potentially keep the organs useful for longer. It should be very painful though so you would need a quick method to make the pain stop as fast as possible. Unless pain isn't a concern for you, of course.

There is a film that touches the subject in an interesting way. Seven Pounds is the name.

El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
Realistically, you can either euthanaize yourself or donate your organs. But not both. Sorry. Just ain't gonna happen.

Reactions: Cyanide and Phantom
Phantom

Phantom

Apr 9, 2018
Realistically, you can either euthanaize yourself or donate your organs. But not both. Sorry. Just ain't gonna happen.

Oh well, then that's how it is, unless a magical solution appears magically to solve this. I guess it was too much to hope for. Thanks for saying it straight.

El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
Oh well, then that's how it is, unless a magical solution appears magically to solve this. I guess it was too much to hope for. Thanks for saying it straight.

A suicide is a crime scene, which means the police get involved right away. The last thing they're going to be thinking about is your organs.