J

JipJopMop

Mar 6, 2021
I HATE HATE HATE on dating apps or when meeting some one, one of the first questions is what do you do for a living.

It sucks when you don't work to be asked that and if I say I'm not working I usually get loads of questions or people trying to force me to work and I sure as heck don't need to explain my physical and mental health issues to a complete stranger.

If it is some one who is insignificant to my life, like a taxi driver or some one I kiss on a night out then sometimes I will pretend I have a job but I don't like lying really.

Anyway it is definitely possible to have sex as a NEET, I have had sex as a NEET and have had more offers that I turned down.

Relationships have been harder to find though but I know other NEETs that are in relationships.

Honestly find a community of NEETs and then find people to date there.

My friend owns a bar that is largely frequented by NEETs so I met lots of NEET friends there and have had some intimate relations from there.

Reactions: Boochky
Imaginos

Imaginos

Full-time layabout
Apr 7, 2018
That depends. If you're a woman, then yes, probably. If you're a man, then no, absolutely not. No woman alive wants to shoulder the burden of a useless and incapable man who doesn't have a career, or a means to support themselves. Men, on the other hand, usually don't have a problem looking after a woman so long as she's kind and offers love/affection/sex. Women, generally speaking, are allotted more leeway towards being this kind of way (stay at home wives, for instance, are usually NEETs). By contrast, men are expected to support themselves and be providers. If you're an ultra good looking male NEET then you might be able to have sex, but I highly doubt you'll manage to enjoy a relationship.

But, you know, I guess it still ultimately comes back to the personality crap in the end. Even smelly beatniks who just sit around and play guitar all day can have girlfriends/wives, but what they lack significantly in assets or ambition they make up for with their otherwise winning personalities, and perhaps good looks as well.

As long as you're not a hermit or suffer from serious mental illness to the point you might as well have poisonous fumes coming off you, then I suppose the possibility exists for even a male NEET to manage something for themselves in this regard.

Boochky

Boochky

Fat, bipolar, and hairy. (Sorry boys, I’m taken.)
Feb 23, 2019
I'm Bipolar and I met a guy who was also Bipolar and we had a 3 year relationship. He was a video game addict and drained my bank account for his games on the regular. At the time I was a tech manager. He had a nice family and I did have feelings for him, but he pretty much destroyed me. He left me eventually for a girl he met in his game.

Now I'm on disability and with a guy who was working at McDonald's when we met. I helped him get a better job, but COVID ate it. He does get IHSS hours for taking care of me, but he's also shopping for another woman.

Relationships are brutal.