Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Not this site, a different one.
It asks for my country so they can "comply with my country's laws" but then where you have to consent to the privacy policy ect it says "I also consent to the collection, storage and processing of my data in the United States, where data protection laws may be different from those in my country."

This doesn't make sense, why do you want to comply to my laws if it doesn't matter. Also from my understanding the standards of privacy is a lot lower in the States then where I live, why would I want to consent to this?

• Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime and .............

Experienced
Mar 5, 2022
Unfortunately how a lot of US based websites handle things. Doesn't make sense, to be honest.

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
Ignorance is strenght, just accept to give The Party all your data without question, citizen.

• Yay!
Reactions: DeutscheKartoffel and WrongPlaceWrongTime
western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
If a company in one country transacts with customers/vendors in another country, they should be respecting that country's laws if they want to avoid fines and keep doing business there. (Doing business in this case could be as simple as an American website serving targeted ads to EU visitors)
Companies may choose to only extend GDPR protections to those who are actually in the EU/EEA
Disclosing that data will be transmitted, stored, or processed in the US is the responsible thing to do

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
If a company in one country transacts with customers/vendors in another country, they should be respecting that country's laws if they want to avoid fines and keep doing business there. (Doing business in this case could be as simple as an American website serving targeted ads to EU visitors)
Companies may choose to only extend GDPR protections to those who are actually in the EU/EEA
Disclosing that data will be transmitted, stored, or processed in the US is the responsible thing to do
Ok so I should be fine?
Separating the sentence into 2, im consenting that my data is being collected in the States not necessarily the laws. It only says that the laws may be different, not that they're going to follow them.