• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

B

Bob_Luman

Student
Feb 19, 2020
Just wanted to double check before I plan on ordering the required stuff. I just plan on using a regular cereal bowl to put on the digital scales to weigh it out the SN powder not liquid. Also on the scales would 25g show as 25.0 on the digital screen or just as 25g? I know this varies with different scales, I haven't used them before so I needed to ask.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jumper Geo and faust
T

toomuchtimetodie

"to be overly conscious is a sickness"
Mar 13, 2020
Just wanted to double check before I plan on ordering the required stuff. I just plan on using a regular cereal bowl to put on the digital scales to weigh it out. Also on the scales would 25g show as 25.0 on the digital screen or just as 25g? I know this varies with different scales, I haven't used them before so I needed to ask.
When attempting something so serious I really don't understand why you would risk half arsing it for the sake of a couple of quid. People are really willing to help if that's what you're looking for ask out straight bud. From my experience with digital scales a cereal bowl would be too much risk of cocking up.
Best

Reactions: Bob_Luman
B

Bob_Luman

Student
Feb 19, 2020
When attempting something so serious I really don't understand why you would risk half arsing it for the sake of a couple of quid. People are really willing to help if that's what you're looking for ask out straight bud. From my experience with digital scales a cereal bowl would be too much risk of cocking up.
Best
Yeah I wasn't aware of this that's why I put the thread up so I can be sure and order the right bowl for measuring it in and right stuff. To prevent failure. What bowl would you recommend and scale aswell if possible? Thanks for your reply. :)

Reactions: toomuchtimetodie
T

toomuchtimetodie

Mar 13, 2020
Yeah I wasn't aware of this that's why I put the thread up so I can be sure and order the right bowl for measuring it in and right stuff. To prevent failure. What bowl would you recommend and scale aswell if possible? Thanks for your reply. :)
I don't know anything about these liquids mate, first I'd heard of them recently in news article being new here myself do I'm not the person to ask...
But for liquid on digital scales you obviously want a well reviewed product and a small plastic bowl which you measure the weight of on its own a few times to make sure your getting an accurate measurement. Something very light.
Good luck

B

Bob_Luman

Student
Feb 19, 2020
For what has felt like an eternity a few years now I have thought a lot about suicide. Sometimes stuff has gotten to me that bad the only way I can release the build up is to cry it out. Even the most simplest and stupid questions I will have to ask just so I am 100% confident in what I am doing. I can't afford failure. I'm just sick of being here and crying on occasion cause it's too much. SN by far is the best method I believe because it's the most simple to set out compared to anything else and it is relatively painless when done right.
I don't know anything about these liquids mate, first I'd heard of them recently in news article being new here myself do I'm not the person to ask...
But for liquid on digital scales you obviously want a well reviewed product and a small plastic bowl which you measure the weight of on its own a few times to make sure your getting an accurate measurement. Something very light.
Good luck
I'm meaning the powder sorry not SN liquid. Apologies as I haven't specified in the post description. Gonna add it in now. But yeah cheers man, I'm sure a plastic one should do for the powder stuff also, I'll see what others advise aswell just to quadruple make sure before I get the wrong idea and screw up. Just to add, I aren't the brightest guy either ahah. Hence the many threads I have started asking questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and toomuchtimetodie
T

toomuchtimetodie

Mar 13, 2020
For what has felt like an eternity a few years now I have thought a lot about suicide. Sometimes stuff has gotten to me that bad the only way I can release the build up is to cry it out. Even the most simplest and stupid questions I will have to ask just so I am 100% confident in what I am doing. I can't afford failure. I'm just sick of being here and crying on occasion cause it's too much. SN by far is the best method I believe because it's the most simple to set out compared to anything else and it is relatively painless when done right.

I'm meaning the powder sorry not SN liquid. Apologies as I haven't specified in the post description. Gonna add it in now.
It's me not reading properly mate sorry I just assume you'd be measuring liquid on there as in 1gram to 1 mil. My fault pal.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and Bob_Luman
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Best
I don't understand your logic here? Have you used kitchen scales before? There's often a tare setting for this. You put your bowl on the scale and it weighs it, then you zero that out and weigh whatever you put inside the bowl. The type of bowl doesn't matter.

• Love
Reactions: Frew, bananabear, Jumper Geo and 4 others
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
I think a cereal bowl would be oversized and weigh a lot more than it would have to. You see a lot of people using those little disposable medicine cups for preparing & drinking SN.

Reactions: AbsoluteNothingness, toomuchtimetodie, Bob_Luman and 1 other person
LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
I don't understand your logic here? Have you used kitchen scales before? There's often a tare setting for this. You put your bowl on the scale and it weighs it, then you zero that out and weigh whatever you put inside the bowl. The type of bowl doesn't matter.
As long as the bowl does does not exceed the maximum weight capacity of the scale you should be ok.

Reactions: Frew, autumnal, Bob_Luman and 1 other person
B

Bob_Luman

Student
Feb 19, 2020
No I haven't used them before and as I mentioned I am quite stupid being completely honest. I have a few learning difficulties with my aspergers and just anything involved in the SN process, I need to be confident with for my own peace at mind.

• Hugs
Reactions: enjolras and k75
T

toomuchtimetodie

Mar 13, 2020
My logic is what if there is no tare setting. From scales I've used a ceramic bowl would make it inaccurate. Basically I was just trying to push to be careful.

Reactions: k75
B

Bob_Luman

Student
Feb 19, 2020
I'll stick with a plastic bowl to fill the SN in, since they are so light I'm sure you can't go wrong with one of those. I presume when putting it in it would be a few spoonfulls. At least that is an estimate what I read for the powder SN. Just as a heads up you guys may see a lot more posts from me threads etc..I promise it ain't for the hell of it, it's because I genuinely want to seak help and just understand this method entirely.

• Hugs
Reactions: nerve and toomuchtimetodie
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
If the scale is accurate, a taring function doesn't matter. Weigh the bowl, and any additional weight from adding SN to the bowl is the weight of the SN.

Compare it to weighing luggage so it doesn't go over any weight restrictions: weigh yourself first, then weigh yourself with the luggage and subtract your weight from the total weight.

Reactions: roju, autumnal, k75 and 1 other person
B

Bob_Luman

Student
Feb 19, 2020
If the scale is accurate, a taring function doesn't matter. Weigh the bowl, and any additional weight from adding SN to the bowl is the weight of the SN.

Compare it to weighing luggage so it doesn't go over any weight restrictions: weigh yourself first, then weigh yourself with the luggage and subtract your weight from the total weight.
Another important thing I ought to mention, I noticed some scales will show the grams button as KG with the letters LB underneath it, on the same button. Do I click that twice or just once to start measuring in grams?

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
No I haven't used them before and as I mentioned I am quite stupid being completely honest. I have a few learning difficulties with my aspergers and just anything involved in the SN process, I need to be confident with for my own peace at mind.
Oh, I didn't mean you. The post I quoted was what that was directed at. I also don't think you seem stupid. The opposite, actually. Asking good questions.

My logic is what if there is no tare setting. From scales I've used a ceramic bowl would make it inaccurate. Basically I was just trying to push to be careful.
Fair enough. I was just confused why you thought one bowl over another was desirable. I figure since the scale hasn't been purchased yet, they could buy one specifically with a tare button and not worry about doing any math to subtract the container weight. I'm a cook, and all my kitchen scales always had that function so it just seemed like a given to me.

a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
also it doesn't really matter whether it's 26g, 24g or 25g in the end. Just don't make any major mistakes like misplacing the decimal and weighing out 2.5g or 250

B

Bob_Luman

Student
Feb 19, 2020
also it doesn't really matter whether it's 26g, 24g or 25g in the end. Just don't make any major mistakes like misplacing the decimal and weighing out 2.5g or 250
So on the scale the grams would show just as 25g? Not 2.5 or other decimal numbers to represent 25g? Also some scales show the gram button with KG and LB underneath it but on the same button. Do I click it twice for grams as that's what someone did in a YouTube video?

a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
So on the scale the grams would show just as 25g? Not 2.5 or other decimal numbers to represent 25g? Also some scales show the gram button with KG and LB underneath it but on the same button. Do I click it twice for grams as that's what someone did in a YouTube video?
that's impossible for me to tell as I don't know what kind of scale you have.

Here's an idea: do you have some unopened food product in your kitchen, like a bag of flour or rice or noodles, that have a weight printed on them? Then you could familiarize yourself with how the scale displays the value? If 500g of noodles show up as "500" for example, then you would know 25g of SN should read as "25".

Reactions: Bob_Luman
B

Bob_Luman

Student
Feb 19, 2020
I'm gonna do some digging on youtube, I'll search for something like how to use kitchen scales to measure grams or something. And find the best scale.

Reactions: one4all
one4all

one4all

I'll put pennies on your eyes and it will go away.
Feb 3, 2020
I'm gonna do some digging on youtube, I'll search for something like how to use kitchen scales to measure grams or something. And find the best scale.

Or find a drug dealer. They know how to zero out a scale and weigh things properly :pfff:

a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
okay just don't overthink this. any kitchen scale will do just fine
Or find a drug dealer. They know how to zero out a scale and weigh things properly :pfff:
damn you are giving me flashbacks of my old drug dealer, the first one I ever had. I used to visit him, he lived with his parents and he had this cardbord cylinder with a lid on top which was filled with bags of weed, 2.3g each. He had them measured out perfectly, he was the most honest and reliable sales person I ever knew; he even let me snip off the buds from his plants myself sometimes and showed me the process - and he insisted on me weighing the zip lock bags myself to make sure.

He also sold me the first joint I ever smoked - I exchanged two xbox controllers for four joints, but they wre packed and me and my friend were tripping balls from them lol. We were 16yo at the time

Then one day he was arrested D-:

Edit: oh and the first few times I always had to ask him to preroll the joints because I didn't know how to do it myself. so one day he got annoyed and gave me a one hour lecture on how to roll the perfect joint. man I'm getting nostalgic now

Last edited:
Reactions: one4all
B

Bob_Luman

Student
Feb 19, 2020
okay just don't overthink this. any kitchen scale will do just fine
Aha I overthink everything. I've had people say to me so many times typically with maths as I have struggled with it all my life I don't do well with stuff which involves working out with loads of numbers etc..
Ahahah good point lol
Okay so this sodium Nitrite I have found which is being sold in the U.K is 99.9% lab pure, it said with an ETA of shipping I could get it by Friday or saturday. So do you think 50g of SN in 50ml water would be too thick to drink and mix? As technically the more SN you ingest the better, as it'll have higher success likelihood. Not gonna order it yet anyways due to being at somebody else's home at the moment while I wait on a new build house my parents have bought, that we're moving into soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: a.n.kirillov
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
So do you think 50g of SN in 50ml water would be too thick to drink and mix? As technically the more SN you ingest the better, as it'll have higher success likelihood.
This is not recommended. Too much, and you increase the likelihood of vomiting. The recommended amounts are already on the high side for most people. Just stick with the standard dose.

Reactions: Frew and autumnal
one4all

one4all

I'll put pennies on your eyes and it will go away.
Feb 3, 2020
Aha I overthink everything. I've had people say to me so many times typically with maths as I have struggled with it all my life I don't do well with stuff which involves working out with loads of numbers etc..

Ahahah good point lol
Okay so this sodium Nitrite I have found which is being sold in the U.K is 99.9% lab pure, it said with an ETA of shipping I could get it by Friday or saturday. So do you think 50g of SN in 50ml water would be too thick to drink and mix? As technically the more SN you ingest the better, as it'll have higher success likelihood. Not gonna order it yet anyways due to being at somebody else's home at the moment while I wait on a new build house my parents have bought, that we're moving into soon.

Have you read any of the resource pages or searched the threads for the amount of SN to use?
These questions and many more have been answered. This is not an attempt to blow you off.. just to make you more self reliable and got the information that pertains to you. :sunglasses:

I may be 300 lbs.. so the amount of SN might not be the same for you.

Research and ask questions as needed.

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
[...]

Whoa, whoa, be very careful using that analogy or we'll get our stupidest members weighing themselves and then taking the SN and hopping on the scales again to compare! :haha:

----------

These kind of scales are good, are accurate to 0.1g, have a tare function and a backlight. Around $10 USD on eBay plus usually have free worldwide shipping.

Note that with any scales, it's always good to test their accuracy with a known weight. You can also buy these weights online, but most of your local coins will have their exact weights listed somewhere (usually Wikipedia) so these are good as a free method for comparison. Although note that their weights can differ due to wear-and-tear etc, so use a couple of the same denomination for multiple tests.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob_Luman, Jumper Geo and one4all
rntmss

rntmss

Taking it one day at a time
Feb 7, 2020
Zero the scale with the empty bowl on it and you're fine. Very common practice for weighing objects.

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Just wanted to double check before I plan on ordering the required stuff. I just plan on using a regular cereal bowl to put on the digital scales to weigh it out the SN powder not liquid. Also on the scales would 25g show as 25.0 on the digital screen or just as 25g? I know this varies with different scales, I haven't used them before so I needed to ask.

Bob,

If your still unsure check out YouTube there are tons of video's explaining the measurements and tare function but when my time comes I will just keep it simple by using two plastic cups similar to the picture below, courtesy of lostnotfound who ctb last week RIP.

Edit: Sorry it won't let me copy and paste the picture so here is the link, have a look, https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/my-windowsill.34521

Cheers Geo

Last edited:
MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Dec 8, 2019
I just bought some little drug scales from Ebay "to weigh gold on" LOL

OP if you need help doing the 'tare' setting please PM me

Reactions: afternoon-exit, Jumper Geo and Bob_Luman
B

Bob_Luman

Student
Feb 19, 2020
Bob,

If your still unsure check out YouTube there are tons of video's explaining the measurements and tare function but when my time comes I will just keep it simple by using two plastic cups similar to the picture below, courtesy of lostnotfound who ctb last week RIP.

Edit: Sorry it won't let me copy and paste the picture so here is the link, have a look, https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/my-windowsill.34521

Cheers Geo
That's a good idea actually I never thought of that. I believed you could only use a bowl of some sort to measure the SN. And I hope he found peace RIP.

Reactions: Jumper Geo
A

afternoon-exit

Always had high hopes for a living.
Jan 16, 2020
I used a milligram scale to weigh it out as a test actually. One of those Chinese Gemini scales, they're very cheap. You can get them on amazon for $20. Although I couldn't measure out 25g at once, I had to do it in like 10g increments and then put it all in one container. I feel like with using the milligram scale, it's more on point then a 0.01 scale, so you could get exactly 25g. Also you could get a digital scale from a smoke shop, and use a plastic container/jar. Tupperware would work, or even a plastic solo cup. Just put it on the scale and hit the tare button. Or put it on the scale before you turn it on.

Last edited: