• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Strawberry_Clouds

Strawberry_Clouds

( = ⩊ = )
Jun 17, 2023
This is kinda random but I've noticed that whenever I'm spiraling or feeling extremely suicidal, looking up methods of ctb really helps me calm down and reset my emotions. I would think that it would do the opposite for me lol. Is this just me or has anyone else felt like this?

Reactions: TheTragicPrince and fleetingnight
AbsentMindedHuman

AbsentMindedHuman

One day, ill be free
Apr 25, 2024
I do the same thing. I think the reason it calms me down is because I gain a sense of control over the thoughts that may be floating around in my head because of new found knowledge. For example I may be thinking about hanging my self at the moment but I may be unsure of how or where or when and all that kind of stuff. Reading about others attempts and struggles gives me more strength over that idea in the future.

On the other hand, I feel a sense of community because I am hearing from other who are in the same mindset, or maybe even people who I can talk to, who would more than likely just talk with you rather than try to solve/ FIX you. Its a simple thing but it does a lot for me.

Reactions: Strawberry_Clouds
waningmoth

waningmoth

Aug 29, 2023
Its the same for me, if im in unbearable pain ( from something that is genuinely a big deal and a good reason) thinking about and researching suicide calms me to where i dont feel the need to anymore. If however the thing thats triggered me is minor by anyone elses standards but a big deal to me because of my ocd or bpd i find that the contrast between my reaction and that of the rest of the world makes me feel hopeless and im much more impulsive about suicide.

Reactions: Strawberry_Clouds