SpaceCadet

SpaceCadet

‎In a perfect world, nobody would be suicidal
Feb 27, 2022
Would you? I thought about calling my dad to say how much i love him, even with all the disagreeaments and fights we had.

• Hugs
Reactions: allesistgut, death137, Cathy Ames and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
In my experience this is a bad idea unless you want to be saved. Some people can just tell when something is wrong even over the phone and they will do whatever they can to get you to stop.

Reactions: Hercules, Symbiote, natali4 and 3 others
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
In my experience this is a bad idea unless you want to be saved. Some people can just tell when something is wrong even over the phone and they will do whatever they can to get you to stop.
Exactly. It's such a bad idea unless you just know they will take it and respect your decision.

Not sure if OP is asking this with the intention of having a heart to heart without disclosing CTB plans but I think if it's not something you can usually do with that person it will almost always raise suspicion.

There is possibility a way you could minimise risk of them successfully stepping in with a little tech knowledge but having anyone out their attempting to find and 'save' you is way too messy. Plus they'll probably be somewhat traumatised by the situation and once you're gone there's no resolving that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
I agree that there is a risk of someone figuring things out and stopping you or trying to. I ALSO think this is a thing that could bring you a small measure of comfort before you leave this world, and you deserve that. I also think this would be vastly comforting to your father, especially if it is the truth. There is a lot of "the last I spoke with him" talk after people pass away, often times with huge regrets that get carried forever (speaking for myself). That is all to say that I am very conflicted on this and cannot advise.

I

ineedrope

Jan 19, 2022
I can't do this because this is out of character for me and they will know something is wrong. They even suspect something is wrong with me atm cause I've been staying in my room and have stopped doing my walks outside to keep active.

maybe i could make a video that they could watch

Reactions: ColorlessTrees and Cathy Ames
A

allesistgut

Experienced
Jan 22, 2022
i don't think i will, because i'm not sure how they would feel having talked to me and then having me ctb right after. i would be scared of making them feel guilty.

however i definitely want to see my friends at least a week or so before i ctb. maybe having a day with each of them separately as well, not totally sure though.

Reactions: mirror_mind and Cathy Ames
A

affinity

Oct 8, 2021

I'm not too concerned about this. My mother knows which city I'm in, but wouldn't be able to tell the authorities exactly where I am in time.

I'm on the fence on the utility of this call. I wouldn't be doing it for my benefit, but for the benefit of my mother. I'm tempted to contact one my friends, but I know it would scare/ upset them but since tomorrow through Friday will involve a major snowstorm, I come up a winner again.

Unless a miracle happens between now and noon tomorrow, I will be completing my transition. I'm ready and I'm at peace with my decision. I've tried my hardest to change my circumstances. It just wasn't enough and that's okay. We all don't get a happy ending. If God and (or) the universe have more for me to do, the time is now to help me, like really help me. Asking for enough money to have a home and live a normal life isn't exactly a big ask and it's not like I've been lazy all of life and I'm making disproportionate demands. I guess we shall see…

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I thought about calling my dad to say how much i love him, even with all the disagreeaments and fights we had.

That's what suicide notes are for...

Reactions: sadnurse
Hercules

Hercules

Arcanist
Jan 31, 2021
I wouldn't. If I were to call someone shortly before ctb, they may feel guilty for not picking up on the fact that something was wrong and blame themselves that they didn't do more and somehow they could have stopped me. I wouldn't want to put that burden on someone. You could write him a nice letter telling him how much you love him. It would be something he could keep.

Reactions: mirror_mind
Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
Absolutely right.