M

MusicToLogIn

Student
Sep 20, 2021
Hello.
I wonder what happens if I take a high dose of caffeine. Is it possible to get brain damage if the caffeine causes an irregular heartbeat and I survive the overdose?
Thanks alot.

Hyes

Hyes

Oct 28, 2023
No, it would take an insane amount of caffeine in a short time frame to do damage. You're not going to be able to "overdose"

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023

Use the search there're many other caffeine OD threads ....

Reactions: MusicToLogIn
T

Tsunami

Student
Nov 3, 2023
Post in thread 'Second thread : About caffeine powder/pills' https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/second-thread-about-caffeine-powder-pills.139739/post-2225123

There are many cases , i posted just some of them in this thread. Whether by accident or intentional , some cases seem to have been fast and discreet (some cases with people present at home or rooms nearby). I am sure that it is possible to make this method very lethal but I have not identified the parameters that increase the reussity. I guess fasting and taking anti emetics like with SN can help

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6247400/ table 2 , there are interesting informations

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and MusicToLogIn
M

MusicToLogIn

Student
Sep 20, 2021
I've read some stuff online. I was wondering about the risks of getting braindamage, if the overdose doesnt kill me.
Is it risk free to try to overdose on caffein?
I can't find answers to my questions.

Last edited:
T

Tsunami

Student
Nov 3, 2023
I've read some stuff online. I was wondering about the risks of getting braindamage, if the overdose doesnt kill me.
Is it risk free to try to overdose on caffein?
I can't find answers to my questions.
The cases that were recovered appeared to have left the hospital quickly after the attempt. I do not remember having read long term effects but it is complicated to judge because there is a lack of obvious information about this.
Anyway , the cases that ingested +50g seem to have succeeded all except one case where the person called ambulance a few minutes after ingestion. I think as with SN that the success is in the optimization of the method unfortunately my English and my medical knowledge do not help me to easily understand the information. As for the link of the study I posted above, seems to have a lot of information but I do not understand anything about it ..

Reactions: Mare Imbrium and MusicToLogIn
M

MusicToLogIn

Student
Sep 20, 2021
Will I keep having those seizures?
Are those seizures a one time event when overdosing?

junko

junko

carving my name in the grave again
Mar 16, 2023
Caffeine is one of the last things I'd personally choose to OD on. I'm old, and was a kid when caffeine pills were only just going out of fashion. I got to watch quite a few PSAs and family sitcom episodes on the dangers of caffeine overdose.

You probably won't have just one seizure. I'm not an expert, so I'd continue doing research with the links provided above.

I hope you find yourself with whatever result you're hoping for, genuinely. Best of luck.

Reactions: BrainShower