• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
First, yes I am a legal adult. I am temporarily living with my parents with plans to move out again before fall semester at school. I had planned to CTB shortly thereafter. I'm not 100% set on any one method yet but was tentatively planning on N. I had built up so much hope around this method, and sometimes when I feel desperate and panicky I calm myself down by imagining myself lying back on my couch, downing that N, and falling asleep. I would withdraw funds from my savings account to buy N once I was settled in to my apartment.

The issue is, I am financially dependent on my parents and they have partial control over all my accounts. They receive regular statements of my account balances and expenses. This savings account just stores money I've made from part-time jobs over the years and I rarely if ever make any withdrawals from it. A large withdrawal as would be needed to buy N would absolutely raise suspicion, as would any move to separate my finances from my parents' control.

I'm kinda freaking out, and I'm an idiot when it comes to finances, I have no idea what I'm doing here or how to get around this. It's worth noting that even though N is on the more expensive end, this problem would apply to pretty much any method that requires obtaining means because any purchase my parents see as "abnormal" could be cause for concern.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

*mumbles expletives*

Reactions: self destructing and CommitSudoku
FindingPeace8

FindingPeace8

Mar 25, 2022
Could you make small cash withdrawals and tell them you went out to eat with friends? Maybe once a week. You have some time before fall. But make sure you're certain. It's expensive. I got mine and feel some regret at spending so much money. Nothing has gotten better for me but I lost some of my will because of SI and antidepressants recently.

• Hugs
Reactions: symphony
symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
Could you make small cash withdrawals and tell them you went out to eat with friends? Maybe once a week. You have some time before fall. But make sure you're certain. It's expensive. I got mine and feel some regret at spending so much money. Nothing has gotten better for me but I lost some of my will because of SI and antidepressants recently.
Maybe, but there are a few reasons that might seem suspicious:
  1. I have never used this account for personal spending. My parents are currently supporting me completely and for personal expenses (like food) I have always used funds from a joint account with money they have earned, not my own money. Yes, I realize how privileged I am in this.
  2. I won't move out for several months, and until I move out, my parents could easily verify I wasn't, in fact, going out with friends.
  3. That might seem like an "out of character" behavior because I don't have many friends and have never really done that before.
It is expensive, but I can afford it, and I can do so using my own money and not my parents', so I have no ethical qualms over doing so, I just need to do so without them figuring it out.

C

CommitSudoku

never interfere with a lifespan reaping
Feb 12, 2022
My first thought is to tell them you're getting in to investing and crypto since it is still pretty big and you'll need to potentially get in to crypto regardless. Then you start taking money out and "investing" - some platforms could potentially be used as wallets too perhaps. I fell off looking things up when I got SN (and got busy).
Second tell them you want to try another bank with better interest rates (re: high yield savings) and potentially want to try to get account bonuses or credit card bonus. Feel free to ask about this. I like to brag on my bank since high yield is nice haha
Third get another part time job and do the second and open up an account and funnel your money there separate. My part time job had an option to split my money between multiple accounts so that could be an option to keep them from being as suspicious.
Fourth tell them you're getting nervous for the future and want to try managing some of your own money and finances and budgeting independent of them.
Fifth get in to survey sites and open a separate bank account and you'll slowly get there. Surveys paid for my SN and would pay for N as well but don't tell anyone lolol that's over years though to get to where I am.

Best wishes. All through high school my parents had my bank account with all my money so I didn't even have access to it so I know it's tough to be watched and monitored and not have access to something that is yours.

Reactions: demuic, symphony, Cathy Ames and 1 other person
symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
My first thought is to tell them you're getting in to investing and crypto since it is still pretty big and you'll need to potentially get in to crypto regardless. Then you start taking money out and "investing" - some platforms could potentially be used as wallets too perhaps. I fell off looking things up when I got SN (and got busy).
Second tell them you want to try another bank with better interest rates (re: high yield savings) and potentially want to try to get account bonuses or credit card bonus. Feel free to ask about this. I like to brag on my bank since high yield is nice haha
Third get another part time job and do the second and open up an account and funnel your money there separate. My part time job had an option to split my money between multiple accounts so that could be an option to keep them from being as suspicious.
Fourth tell them you're getting nervous for the future and want to try managing some of your own money and finances and budgeting independent of them.
Fifth get in to survey sites and open a separate bank account and you'll slowly get there. Surveys paid for my SN and would pay for N as well but don't tell anyone lolol that's over years though to get to where I am.

Best wishes. All through high school my parents had my bank account with all my money so I didn't even have access to it so I know it's tough to be watched and monitored and not have access to something that is yours.
First: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Not at you. I'm just frustrated.

Your first and second ideas could work, and could be combined with your fourth idea. The biggest obstacle would be I'd have to be fully committed to the lie. Chances are good my parents would tell others in my life and I'd have to regularly talk about it and justify it to diffuse suspicions. But with some time and research I could maybe pull it off.

Your third point would be difficult to pull off. I'm so thoroughly non-functional from my depression that I doubt I could hold down a job, even part time. And your fifth point might be viable if I had more time on my hands. I'm hoping to CTB as soon as possible. I've done some paid surveys before so I know how slow that goes.

Regardless, thank you (thank you) for your ideas and your support.

Reactions: CommitSudoku
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
Or you could maybe find stuff to sell?

• Informative
C

CommitSudoku

never interfere with a lifespan reaping
Feb 12, 2022
First: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Not at you. I'm just frustrated.

Your first and second ideas could work, and could be combined with your fourth idea. The biggest obstacle would be I'd have to be fully committed to the lie. Chances are good my parents would tell others in my life and I'd have to regularly talk about it and justify it to diffuse suspicions. But with some time and research I could maybe pull it off.

Your third point would be difficult to pull off. I'm so thoroughly non-functional from my depression that I doubt I could hold down a job, even part time. And your fifth point might be viable if I had more time on my hands. I'm hoping to CTB as soon as possible. I've done some paid surveys before so I know how slow that goes.

Regardless, thank you (thank you) for your ideas and your support.
Why AAAAA... then? Feel free to get frustrated at me, same really ahaha

If you get started sooner rather than later you'll make more progress so it's good you're thinking of things in general. Honestly if you can get a high yield interest savings account you should regardless. I had less money in one account and made more interest in less time than an account with more money and an abysmal interest rate. Though my account is online only which sucks sometimes. Best wishes again, I just wanted to reply before sleep gets me since the first part in your response intrigued me.

Reactions: FindingPeace8
symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
Or you could maybe find stuff to sell?
Oh, yeah, I could look into that!
Why AAAAA... then? Feel free to get frustrated at me, same really ahaha

If you get started sooner rather than later you'll make more progress so it's good you're thinking of things in general. Honestly if you can get a high yield interest savings account you should regardless. I had less money in one account and made more interest in less time than an account with more money and an abysmal interest rate. Though my account is online only which sucks sometimes. Best wishes again, I just wanted to reply before sleep gets me since the first part in your response intrigued me.
Yeah. Thank you again for the ideas. I can probably figure out something. And the AAAAA was just letting out some emotions around the situation. Nothing to do about you or your response. Just that I had this whole plan worked up around getting N and it was perfect and then it all came very quickly crashing down.

Reactions: Al Cappella
symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022

I realized another major issue here. My parents are close friends with a financial advisor. If I tried to pull any of this, he would get involved and I'd have to defend myself convincingly to him, too. They would soooooo not be having it.

Just, fuck, man. It's my money, I earned it through my own labor, I just want to die, is that too much to ask????? šŸ˜£

speck

speck

Student
May 5, 2020
You need to wait- it sounds like you're heavily micro managed at home. Go to school in the fall, get a job and open a SEPARATE private account. Then think about it again. There's way too much red tape here. My sympathies for your situation.

Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
Not sure what to tell you about finances. When ordering divert the package to a pickup point so you won't get it at home where people can ask what's inside. Tell D to include your phone number as a contact method. He forgot to put my contact details so I had some hassle.

symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
Not sure what to tell you about finances. When ordering divert the package to a pickup point so you won't get it at home where people can ask what's inside. Tell D to include your phone number as a contact method. He forgot to put my contact details so I had some hassle.
I appreciate your response. When I CTB I will be living alone in a small apartment so others seeing the package or its content is not a concern. The issue is getting access to the funds without drawing suspicion. I am seriously considering falling back on a less expensive option - which is disappointing, but maybe for the best.