• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Zanexx

Zanexx

Dead
Jul 15, 2018
I'm about to order some rope - polyhemp, 10mm.
Just a quick question - will 10mm thickness work with full suspension (short drop) or only partial? I just want to get this clear before I order it :/

Reactions: Comatose11
Zanexx

Zanexx

Dead
Jul 15, 2018
I'm not worried about that, the breaking strength is something like 1000kg. I'm just worried a 10mm rope will be unnecessarily painful in terms of digging into the neck. My current rope I've been using is around 20mm but I started to think I should get a thinner one because that would achieve unconsciousness quicker. I'm just not sure if 10mm is appropriate for a full suspension.

D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
10mm should be just fine, keep in mind that it's harder to tie a good knot with a thick rope.

Zanexx

Zanexx

Dead
Jul 15, 2018
10mm should be just fine, keep in mind that it's harder to tie a good knot with a thick rope.
I did thing about this in the early days of getting the thick rope, but it's tied pretty well I think - it's got slipknot noose with a lot of rope remaining after the noose, which is that tied into "normal" knots several times over, some doubled up and on the "tree end" I have been tying a triple knot.
Anyway, I did order the 10mm, along with two heat mats for putting hair straighteners on - in case I'm able to do charcoal method, so I can put those underneath the charcoal grill and hopefully avoid melting the tent I have.

Reactions: Ixtab and lv-gras
D

Depressed

Jul 31, 2018
Can you share the link to your newly ordered rope?

Zanexx

Zanexx

Dead
Jul 15, 2018
It's 10mm x 5m polyhemp rope on eBay UK, but you can select the length from a dropdown menu. Pretty easy to find. Are you in the UK? If not you're probably best ordering from somewhere based locally. If you are in the UK or thereabouts and can't find it let me know and I'll go to my eBay purchase history and dig it out for you.

Reactions: Depressed