LittleBit

LittleBit

Aug 26, 2024
How much is a gas cylinder of inert gas in the US? 20 cf can correct? Which should hold 600 L. Is it suspicious to buy a regulator from them as well? I would think a supplier would have those on hand with the correct thread fitting.

Should I be weary of them asking why I need it?

Just want to make sure I have all the info I need ironed out before I start making calls and checking places.

Suggests of places to buy gas cylinders in US. I'm in the South. DM if you aren't comfortable posting. Thank you for your time.

K

kudaphillips

Student
Apr 17, 2024
Any gas supply store . Amazon . Google and a bunch of vendors will come up .
Best thing to say is your just buying it for your dad or bf/ gf or whatever and not sure why he's using it .

20 cf prob under 100$

The regulator you can't usually get at gs supply you'll have to do online or some big box stores like harbor freight / Home Depot

Reactions: LittleBit
Upvote 0
devils~advocate

devils~advocate

Student
Feb 29, 2024
From my experience, no one asked anything based on their suspicions. If anything, they might inquire in order to sell you the appropriate items for whatever task. To them these items are used for tasks such as welding, medical, etc. So their questions about finding out so they can sell you things. So I wouldnt worry about them being suspicious.

I'd say if you are using the hood method, 40 cf or more might be best to use.

Regulators can be found at Harbot Freight & even at Amazon. I got several from the former, all reasonable priced.

Upvote 0