• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

BornToFail

BornToFail

Experienced
Sep 9, 2022
I have a valid ID, but address is under parents' home. They wouldn't let me own a gun. I live alone, but if I give them that ID would they call my parents, or would my parents find out somehow?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Are you of legal age to own a gun? In the USA? If so, there would be absolutely no reason for anyone to call your parents or anyone else for that matter. Your address is your address. It only reflects where you reside. It doesn't matter who owns the place. I mean would a gun shop, or the entity doing a background check, on someone call your landlord if you were a renter to tell them that you are purchasing a gun? Of course not. Your parents could find out if they found your gun wherever you hide it. If you have any record of hospitalization of the mental kind, you may not be able to get a gun. Same goes for some criminal records.

Reactions: Wunderkind, almaranthine and UtopianElephant
BornToFail

BornToFail

Experienced
Sep 9, 2022
Are you of legal age to own a gun? In the USA? If so, there would be absolutely no reason for anyone to call your parents or anyone else for that matter. Your address is your address. It only reflects where you reside. It doesn't matter who owns the place. I mean would a gun shop, or the entity doing a background check, on someone call your landlord if you were a renter to tell them that you are purchasing a gun? Of course not. Your parents could find out if they found your gun wherever you hide it. If you have any record of hospitalization of the mental kind, you may not be able to get a gun. Same goes for some criminal records.
Long gun am 20. In Wisconsin.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Long gun am 20. In Wisconsin.
OK. What I said still holds true as far as checking where you live or calling your parents. If you're legal to purchase the gun, that's it.

theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
don't you have another address where you can get the gun?

almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
If you're paranoid about it you could always just get a new ID with your updated address? I mean it's an extra expense and time spent at the DMV but worth it if it will give you peace of mind. I don't think that they would be calling your parents or sending some kind of mail exposing your gun ownership to their residence though.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I would just add that the governmental entity that checks you out before buying a gun doesn't come to their decision based on what others may tell them. This to say that they don't call your parents, or your friends, or your boss to see how good of a guy your are. All they do is run a background check on you and that is based only on your criminal record, if you have one, or if you have been institutionalized, or if there is some other legal reason why you can't legally buy a gun. It's all about whether you are in the system. It's not like a prospective employer who may call and check your references and speak with them.

Reactions: Fulminare and almaranthine
moggedtodeath

moggedtodeath

Nov 5, 2022
Buy it online. Have it shipped to an FFL. Give them your ID. Say you enjoy shooting and express excitement. I lived alone, had my parents address on my ID and I had no trouble getting a gun, so long as you pass the background check. My advice is: it doesn't hurt to try.

Reactions: Fulminare