• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
I noticed a few and it makes me wonder if somehow you continue on in a slightly altered version of your current life, even if the suicide is successful, just that for you it's just another failed attempt.

In the apocrypha (the part of Genesis in the Bible that was never cannonized) it mentions Adam and Eve committed suicide about six different times, and "the Lord" kept restoring them back to life, to live again just where they left off. Not that I put much stock in the story but it does raise an eyebrow.

Reactions: Moogle, frank630, lv-gras and 1 other person
T

Tiburcio

This sounds terrible.

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Deadinside24, lv-gras and 2 others
Justanotherconsumer

Justanotherconsumer

Paragon
Jul 9, 2018
This sounds terrible.

It does I agree,

for me some of the butterfly effect is in different houses that I grew up in that siblings have no memory of us living there.

Reactions: Tiburcio
Deivis

Deivis

Seul contre tous
Jul 23, 2018
Same idea has been reworked in sci-fi book series "Riverworld" by Philip Jose Farmer.
You kill yourself and get respawned in the same sandbox world, some distance away.

Creepy, but sci-fi is fiction, just as Bible and the rest.

Luke

Luke

tired
Apr 11, 2018
Shit this is scary.

Reactions: Deadinside24
Nauseated

Nauseated

Insomnio
Jun 26, 2018
This is my biggest fear, look up quantum immortality/suicide.

Reactions: Justanotherconsumer and Tiburcio
Nauseated

Nauseated

Insomnio
Jun 26, 2018
One thing that would not make sense though is when you die of aging, you have to die sometime. If you die of age where would you be restored too. Also the idea of suicide being an unnatural form of death is ridiculous for many reasons. Death is death unless you believe god is judging the circumstances of your death, but nature does not differentiate. So is putting a gun to your head any different than smoking a pack of cigarettes a day until you give yourself cancer? How about driving your car to fast, wrecking and dying? Would that be considered an accident or your time to go? If you do have a destined fate then you have no free will and suicide would be your fate if you so choose that. I don't know I'm just fucking rambling.

Reactions: Suicideroomwannadie, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Justanotherconsumer and 4 others
Luke

Luke

tired
Apr 11, 2018
One thing that would not make sense though is when you die of aging, you have to die sometime. If you die of age where would you be restored too.

Well I have a pretty good idea but don't want to scare you.

Reactions: Justanotherconsumer, Tiburcio and Nauseated

6477244ts5

Student
Jun 13, 2018
What is your take on it?
Something I don't understand about the quantum suicide theory is as I understand it all the possible realities are occurring and when you CTB you jump into one where you survived...but what happens to the "you" that was in that one? Since its "all possible realities" shouldn't the "you" in that one be a little different? I don't understand how it collates into one consciousness.

Nauseated

Nauseated

Insomnio
Jun 26, 2018
Something I don't understand about the quantum suicide theory is as I understand it all the possible realities are occurring and when you CTB you jump into one where you survived...but what happens to the "you" that was in that one? Since its "all possible realities" shouldn't the "you" in that one be a little different? I don't understand how it collates into one consciousness.
There is a lot I find wrong with the theory, as I understand it is more of a thought experiment like Schrodinger's cat. I dont really believe it but I think its scary. The having to die of old age someday no matter what pretty much destroys the idea in my opinion.

Reactions: Justanotherconsumer and Tiburcio

6477244ts5

Student
Jun 13, 2018
Im sure I am missing some fundamental part of it that would explain my question. Ignorance is often the cause of confusion.

I am open to all possibilities and while this one seems less likely than some, it is for sure terrifying if it means neverending life. I am all for immortality IF I can choose to life it without pain and pause it/end it when I feel done.

Reactions: frank630 and Nauseated