• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

P

Punished

Jun 17, 2019
Just started Buspirone, twice a day, and I feel so sick! Headache, nausea, can't keep food down. I have a follow up with my doctor in a few days, but she wants me to keep taking it until then. Has anyone else had bad side effects from this med? How long does it last?

• Hugs
Reactions: Beautifulletdown and Baskol1
dysphoria

dysphoria

Aug 4, 2019
Those are common side-effects - dizziness, nausea, diarrhoea, brain zaps, weakness, etc. Normally they go away, or at least subside, after 2-3 weeks of daily use and the antidepressant effect kicks in, kind of like with SSRIs. After about a month would be the time to decide whether the side-effects are worth the trouble, but what you're experiencing right now doesn't reflect the post-initiation therapeutic effect. If you can't get through that phase then fair enough, some other meds have more immediate effects. If you're depressed enough to be on a suicide forum then buspirone does sound a bit weak for the job, does your doctor know how bad you really feel? Are you seeing a psychiatrist rather than a regular doctor?

Last edited:
Reactions: Punished and Baskol1
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I had to stop that med because it caused my heart rate to speed up

P

Punished

Jun 17, 2019
Those are common side-effects - dizziness, nausea, diarrhoea, brain zaps, weakness, etc. Normally they go away, or at least subside, after 2-3 weeks of daily use and the antidepressant effect kicks in, kind of like with SSRIs. After about a month would be the time to decide whether the side-effects are worth the trouble, but what you're experiencing right now doesn't reflect the post-initiation therapeutic effect. If you can't get through that phase then fair enough, some other meds have more immediate effects. If you're depressed enough to be on a suicide forum then buspirone does sound a bit weak for the job, does your doctor know how bad you really feel? Are you seeing a psychiatrist rather than a regular doctor?
The Buspar was added to other meds I am already on. I haven't talked to my psych about my suicidal thoughts/plans, but I think she knows I'm not being totally honest. I had an attempt a few years ago and ended up in the locked unit at the local hospital. I cannot go back there. That's the biggest motivator I have to not make another attempt, actually. I haven't given up all hope, hence the therapy and meds, but I'm not sure they'll really help.