lowres

lowres

Scum
Feb 9, 2019
Ik buspirone has dizziness as a common side effect but my psych doc told me that it usually subsides after you stay on a dose for a while, I've been on 20 mg for I'd like to say around 3 weeks, I take it an hour before bed and an hour before I wake up. it makes it extremely difficult to wake up in the morning and difficult to do anything before bed, I like to read books before I sleep but it takes an insane amount of concentration when it kicks in, even reading something easy like a manga or something. some days it's fine which I don't understand why only sometimes.

Idk what can rlly be done but I'm wondering if anyone else has any experience with prolonged dizziness side effects and if they do anything different in how/when they take it or if u just deal with it, buspirone has been helping me cope somewhat better with anxiety but its frustratingly difficult to feel so braindead and incapable when i wake up and go to bed every single day

• Hugs
Reactions: Life_and_Death and Lostandlooking
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I went off of it because I had the same experience. I really am not sold on its efficacy, thought technically I didn't take it long enough to test that.

IMO, docs like it because not enough studies have accumulated to indicate that it causes serious side effects. Docs really, really hate dependence nowadays, so they hate prescribing benzos. Other anti-anxiety meds give them pause too because of new literature showing long-term issues for patients. I doubt buspirone, if it actually does anything, will be exempt, but the evidence hasn't mounted yet, so they think they can prescribe it risk free.

Reactions: lowres
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
it helps me with the constant thoughts. i dont take it because i dont feel like it. but on days things are too much (like yesterday/lately) i take it. i havent experienced any side effects though

Reactions: lowres
lowres

lowres

Scum
Feb 9, 2019
I went off of it because I had the same experience. I really am not sold on its efficacy, thought technically I didn't take it long enough to test that.

IMO, docs like it because not enough studies have accumulated to indicate that it causes serious side effects. Docs really, really hate dependence nowadays, so they hate prescribing benzos. Other anti-anxiety meds give them pause too because of new literature showing long-term issues for patients. I doubt buspirone, if it actually does anything, will be exempt, but the evidence hasn't mounted yet, so they think they can prescribe it risk free.
That really does seem to be the case with prescribing benzos, I can't even get Ativan from my psych because it's addictive or whatever, like I literally had a prescription of it that lasted three years and most of the uses were for friends and fam who were having anxiety anyways. Ig for now I'll just wait and see for a bit longer, talk to my psych and see what else they will do for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Don't you just love the side effects that come with so many drugs!

Reactions: NumbItAll