DoNotLet2

DoNotLet2

Wizard
Oct 14, 2019
Hello
So I'm autistic I never had friends irl. At least not friends closer than "I know your name and sometimes I say hi to you". You get what I mean.

When you have a friend and you get bullied the friend defends you, isn't it so? Well I don't know that feeling. "Loving and caring" people ALWAYS FUCKING ALWAYS leave me to be hunted down, beaten down, you know whatever, bullied, because I'm not their friend.

People don't want to become my friends they find me too boring. So I'm left undefended to be bullied! If I weren't autistic I would have friends.

• Aww..
Reactions: EternalDarkness, Septim and Deleted member 17331
S

Septim

Jul 3, 2020
Often people get bullied even when they have friends. It's a horrible thing to do someone and nobody deserves it.

I don't know you apart from the post but you don't seem boring to me. Maybe you just haven't met the right people you can connect with yet.

DoNotLet2

DoNotLet2

Wizard
Oct 14, 2019
Often people get bullied even when they have friends. It's a horrible thing to do someone and nobody deserves it.

I don't know you apart from the post but you don't seem boring to me. Maybe you just haven't met the right people you can connect with yet.
But most of the time friends defend one another. EVEN IF ONE OF THE FRIENDS IS FUCKIN WORTHLESS SCUM WHO DESERVES TO GET PUNCHED. Sometimes people need to be told to stop. But the friends defend from that criticism.

Thanks but I have been waiting too much time for that time. Maybe it's because my IQ is a little bit higher than average and average people don't have interests in what I'm interested in. But when you meet people with high IQ they have great expectations that I have troubles meeting because of my autism. So yeah vicious circle. I don't want to wait.

S

Septim

Jul 3, 2020
I'm a believer in the idea that there's a skill you can learn for pretty much everything you want to do in life. Your higher IQ means you'll have an easier time learning things than most people. You could do some research and find out what skills you could develop to make friends more easily and work on that.
I'm not sure it's correct to say people with higher IQ have higher expectations. I've met plenty of people with high IQ and they tend to be more lonely than most people because, like you, they struggle to connect and make friends.
You might find you have more in common with those people than your experience so far has lead you to believe if you work in some skills and keep trying.

E

EternalDarkness

Jul 26, 2020
From my experience as an autist myself the main problem is that you are unable to connect with other people on a deeper level. Somethings i feel like there is an invisible bound between friends, almost like they are drawn together but autists like me cannot seem to form such a bound or even feel uncomfortable when they have one and cut it off out of fear. Thats just my take on this however. I am still very alone.

Reactions: Astral316 and Septim
S

Septim

Jul 3, 2020
I think that sounds right and it's a lot like my own experience. I only recently made my first real close friend and I'm nearly 30. That's why I say people can learn to do it like I did but it takes a lot of conscious effort.

Reactions: EternalDarkness
DoNotLet2

DoNotLet2

Wizard
Oct 14, 2019
I'm a believer in the idea that there's a skill you can learn for pretty much everything you want to do in life. Your higher IQ means you'll have an easier time learning things than most people. You could do some research and find out what skills you could develop to make friends more easily and work on that.
I'm not sure it's correct to say people with higher IQ have higher expectations. I've met plenty of people with high IQ and they tend to be more lonely than most people because, like you, they struggle to connect and make friends.
You might find you have more in common with those people than your experience so far has lead you to believe if you work in some skills and keep trying.
Nah I can't I tried. Really. The problem is that neurotypicals are logical at least not always. Some social rules are so dumb an unnatural.
They do have high expectations when they aren't as lonely as me.

From my experience as an autist myself the main problem is that you are unable to connect with other people on a deeper level. Somethings i feel like there is an invisible bound between friends, almost like they are drawn together but autists like me cannot seem to form such a bound or even feel uncomfortable when they have one and cut it off out of fear. Thats just my take on this however. I am still very alone.
That just makes more sad why did you say this you don't know me :( Oh wait it doesn't make me sad I disagree with you. You simply didn't connect at all. I'm sure if you found right people you would connect to them very well. The fact that there might be too few such people is a different kind of discussion.

E

EternalDarkness

Jul 26, 2020
Sorry, you are right. I dont know you. I actually wanted to write that as an autist its more difficult to connect to other people on a deeper level. That is of course just my opinion.

S

Septim

Jul 3, 2020
I think it's more difficult to connect but not impossible. It just takes a lot of effort.

Reactions: EternalDarkness