disappearingquietly

disappearingquietly

Aug 15, 2024
I'm never having kids. Even if I recover from being suicidal, I'm never having kids. Considering what happens to kids in this world. Torture, trafficking, abuse, need I go on? Here's a statistic that will put some of this into perspective. 1.2 MILLION children are trafficked every YEAR. Those children are subjected to all kinds of atrocities. Yet, people have the nerve to call bringing a child into the world "good"? I could write hundreds of pages about trafficking alone, but I'll move on. 1 in 9 girls and 1 in 20 boys are subjected to sexual assault in their childhood years. That alone should terrify people. Children are abused everywhere.

TLDR: Having children is cruel because of all of the atrocities that happen in the world.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: DeathBeforeDignity, GoatHerder, Zhendou and 4 others
nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Student
Aug 6, 2024
Childfree and antinatalist here, so yes I mostly agree with what you said. People need to stop breeding for a while.

Reactions: GoatHerder and sserafim
disappearingquietly

disappearingquietly

Aug 15, 2024
Childfree and antinatalist here, so yes I mostly agree with what you said. People need to stop breeding for a while.
Agreed. I also forgot to mention overpopulation. Some people love to deny it, even though there's proof right in front of them. If we halved the population, many problems would be already solved- I'm not advocating for massacres with this statement, in case it came across as that. Anyways, I'm rambling. My point is: there's a good lot of evidence as for why having children is selfish and detrimental to the children.

Last edited:
Cyagangy

Cyagangy

We ball to the grave
Apr 27, 2024
I agree. I will either wait for the world to somehow get better if I survive catching the bus to have kids or I will find a place that is extremely safe to raise them.

• Aww..
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Arcanist
May 9, 2024
I'm never having kids but what others do is none of my business, frankly. Obviously some people have no business having kids but it's not within my control so worrying about it is pointless.

Reactions: yellowjester and GoatHerder