H

Heartattackpending

Jan 3, 2022
Like everyone else I followed this unfolding drama on the news, news outlets love this kind of shit, and I too, thought that Laundrie was on the run and that his parents had helped him escape and was royally pissed off at him. When I found out that he had shot himself, I was surprised and my attitude changed. We will never know the real story, of course. Everyone painting Laundrie as a monster. But obviously, contrary to John Walsh and others, he felt badly about what he had done. And, ultimately, did what I consider is the right thing. I don't know but a tragedy all the way around.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Like everyone else I followed this unfolding drama on the news, news outlets love this kind of shit, and I too, thought that Laundrie was on the run and that his parents had helped him escape and was royally pissed off at him. When I found out that he had shot himself, I was surprised and my attitude changed. We will never know the real story, of course. Everyone painting Laundrie as a monster. But obviously, contrary to John Walsh and others, he felt badly about what he had done. And, ultimately, did what I consider is the right thing. I don't know but a tragedy all the way around.
Maybe he felt bad, or maybe just didn't want to wind up in jail. I've always said I would ctb before I would ever spend one day in prison. I'm not an animal and will never be caged.

Edit: and of course, another example of male violence against a woman. Kind of wish he didn't kill himself - I think years of holding someone's pocket and being passed around as currency would have been a more fitting punishment.

Reactions: Élégie, Snake of Eden, Interloper and 1 other person
H

Heartattackpending

Jan 3, 2022
yeah. If I had a choice between life in prison and pfoing (pulling the fuck out) the choice is obvious. And I sure wouldn't want to sit around on Death Row waiting for them to put me out of my misery.

• Love
Reactions: summers