• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
That is such a sad story omg. There is no true justice in this world....

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
I've just been reading about this case... he set fire to a car knowing that two young human beings inside the car would no doubt perish in agony. And you think it's sad that he was executed, humanely?? :O

_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
I've just been reading about this case... he set fire to a car knowing that two young human beings inside the car would no doubt perish in agony. And you think it's sad that he was executed, humanely?? :O

He was a kid involved in a gang... he set fire to the car to hide evidence, but did not directly kill them. Most likely an order from higher ranking members as he was a low ranking member. He had low IQ scores and records of being held back grades. This happened when he was 18, they just executed him at 40. So they waited over 20 years to kill someone who was a likely victim as well?

No one argues he shouldn't have been punished. But straight up execution in this case, doesn't scream 'justice' imo.

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
He was a kid involved in a gang... he set fire to the car to hide evidence, but did not directly kill them. Most likely an order from higher ranking members as he was a low ranking member. He had low IQ scores and records of being held back grades. This happened when he was 18, they just executed him at 40. So they waited over 20 years to kill someone who was a likely victim as well?

No one argues he shouldn't have been punished. But straight up execution in this case, doesn't scream 'justice' imo.
Two innocent people died! And for all he knew, they could have still been alive in the car. The girl WAS still alive, according to the reports she died after the car was set alight.
Maybe he was a victim as well, but he was well on his way to being an evil human being. How can you be sure that was the first time he was involved in murdering someone?

_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
Two innocent people died! And for all he knew, they could have still been alive in the car. The girl WAS still alive, according to the reports she died after the car was set alight.
Maybe he was a victim as well, but he was well on his way to being an evil human being. How can you be sure that was the first time he was involved in murdering someone?

As I stated, no one said he shouldn't have gotten punished. He was in a lose lose situation, because that's how gangs work. He probably would've gotten killed himself if he disobeyed orders. If someone had a gun to your head, or in cases with violent gangs... what would you do? It's a problem and truth that gangs target kids with troubling histories. Again, they waited 20 YEARS to do this execution. If he was really THAT bad and there was evidence he performed multiple aggravated murders, they would not have waited that long...

They were actually supposed to perform the execution last year. But they went through ANOTHER repeal process to review his case.

Maybe I do give people benefits of the doubt.
But hey, I do hold the belief people can be forgiven if they genuinely seem remorseful, in the case of a first time offense....

This happened in 1999 ffs. Maybe not all, but some people can change. They executed the gunman who actually did cause the murders already. They should've looked deeper into this man's participation and case...

"I'm sorry ... I wish I could take it all back, but I can't," Bernard said to the family of the Bagleys during his three-minute last words. "That's the only words that I can say that completely capture how I feel now and how I felt that day."

and he was forgiven by the family of the victims.

Georgia Baagley spoke to reporters within 30 minutes of the execution and became emotional when she spoke about Bernard's and Vialva's apologies.
"The apology and remorse ... helped very much heal my heart," she said, beginning to cry and recompose herself. "I can very much say: I forgive them."

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
Do you have any proof that a higher gang member held a gun to his head? No, I suspect you don't. For all you know, he could've been evil at 18 and needed no persuasion whatsoever. Unless you were there, it's impossible to know what happened for certain.

Plenty of death row prisoners wait for decades to learn their fate... he was just another execution waiting to happen.

_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
Do you have any proof that a higher gang member held a gun to his head? No, I suspect you don't. For all you know, he could've been evil at 18 and needed no persuasion whatsoever. Unless you were there, it's impossible to know what happened for certain.

Plenty of death row prisoners wait for decades to learn their fate... he was just another execution waiting to happen.

It doesn't matter though. You don't know it either, neither do courts.
Fact is, that gangs do work off a system that recruits CHILDREN who are in crap situations.

Again, making death row inmates who are first time offenders wait that amount of time to die is LUDICROUS. He was clearly remorseful, and just a kid at the time of the crime. Fun fact, did you know a lot of crimes do not have proper sentences? Such as rape with on average a 10 year sentence? Or years in prison for a little bit of weed on a person?

This man wasn't alone in this murder,
there were FIVE people in total. Out of the five of them, only Brandon's case was controversial. I wonder why?

Last edited:
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
It doesn't matter though. You don't know it either, neither do courts.
Fact is, that gangs do work off a system that recruits CHILDREN who are in crap situations.

Again, making death row inmates who are first time offenders wait that amount of time to die is LUDICROUS. He was clearly remorseful, and just a kid at the time of the crime. Fun fact, did you know a lot of crimes do not have proper sentences? Such as rape with on average a 10 year sentence? Or years in prison for a little bit of weed on a person?

This man wasn't alone in this murder,
there were FIVE people in total. Out of the four of them, only Brandon's case was controversial. I wonder why?
He was 18, he was an adult!
In UK, convicted rapists often don't even get jail time, so 10 years is amazing.
Anyway, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. No offence meant towards you.

_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
He was 18, he was an adult!
In UK, convicted rapists often don't even get jail time, so 10 years is amazing.
Anyway, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. No offence meant towards you.
I was going based off of the US. My first rapist was never punished either lol.

He might have been 18 at that time, but we can't say he didn't get recruited before so....

Also yes, he did fear for his life. This is the last thing I will say on the subject.

Bernard's lawyers claim he feared what would happen to him if he refused to follow the orders of Vialva, who was executed in September.

Bernard's lawyers argued that he should be given life in prison without parole, as, throughout his time in jail, he has maintained a good record and worked with outreach programmes to stop people from getting involved in crime.

God this poor man. The other accomplices got a slap on the wrist since they were under 18. Poor guy was just short over ONE year.....

Reactions: x~Sophia~x
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
No sympathy for a murderer who killed 2 people in the worst way possible. I don't care what his home life or how he got involved in gangs, doesn't excuse the ruthlessness of his actions.