X

Xiaomi

Gone.
Aug 8, 2020
I have a big exam coming up and it's so hard for me to solve math problems. It's gotten so bad that I struggle playing chess and I sometimes mix words up. I just want to be smart again. Does anyone else experience this brainfog? I feel like I don't have a brain anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: cassie and suffering
agentgeez

agentgeez

Student
Jun 30, 2020
I experience that too, but I've also become a little disillusioned with curing it. It's not as if I'm going to become a genius if it goes away, and in fact I don't even know what I'll be or what life is like without it at this point. I can't remember if life has always been this hard or if I've always been stupid, and I can't distinguish between if it's my brain or just an expected part of getting older. I think if I undo whatever has happened to my brain, if anything has truly happened, then I'm just going to feel the same problems but lessened; I'll still feel slower than the best and inadequate, I'll just be better than before. To be perfectly honest it's probably all wrapped up in ego, but it's as if I feel there's parts of life locked away from me if my brain isn't perfect. Reading Flowers for Algernon has only reinforced this belief I think, but it's still an incredible book.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: cassie, Skathon and Xiaomi
X

Xiaomi

Gone.
Aug 8, 2020
I hope there's like a temporary fix for this. My brain feels like mush. I've tried drinking vitamins, sleeping early. Still nothing. I'm dumb af and it's been affecting everything.

• Hugs
Reactions: cassie
suffering

suffering

Too p*ssy to end it, too suicidal to leave
Aug 17, 2018
I also had a looong history with brain fog and occasionally I still do. For me the following 'trick' worked: avoiding inflammatory foods and eating foods and supplements that decrease inflammation. Very important: no sugar.
I can't say I'm now 100% free of brain fog, but I would say at least 50%. I still try various supplements to figure out what could cure me completely (which is not easy given that I am a bit paranoid and I always fear side effects).

Reactions: cassie and agentgeez
almost_dead

almost_dead

Arcanist
Aug 7, 2020
I just want to be smart again.
First of all I am no Einstein . But why do you want to be smart ? Isnt "Wanting" is one of the things making your brain foggy ? Others things may include good old proper sleep & diet .

so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
I get brain fog a lot. most of it is usually alcohol withdrawal it accidentally eating gluten if not just plain old disassociation. the alcohol withdrawal is easy to fix, gluten and disassociation I have to wait on.

• Hugs
Reactions: cassie