S

SomeDay!

Jun 4, 2023
Since the start of my depression, I started to have brain fog. This has gotten worse over time. Does someone experience this or has experienced this? How do you cope? And will it ever go away?

It caused me to loose my job as I can't think properly anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Seaghost and chloramine
Akanea

Akanea

Student
May 24, 2023
It comes and goes for me, when my depression worsen and become very suicidal I get brain fog. It's like half of my brain isn't working anymore, and the other part is too busy to think about all the way I screwed up since I was 5 years old to do anything. Had to stop temporarily work because of it I understand your problem...

GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
Have you checked your hormones? maybe that's the source.

C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
I don't have any reliable quick fixes unfortunately. Personally it kinda feels like my brain is unable to engage when that happens. Sometimes something like music or quotes or things that stir emotion will lift it a bit? Sometimes easy puzzles like sudoku or nonograms will be enough to make it more functional again? My friend uses caffeine to help themself. Nothing has worked consistently, but in general finding smaller easier ways to engage my brain can coax it into improvements.

Again I want to emphasize that there are plenty of times where I'm unable to really try due to how bad it is or I manage to try, but it doesn't work. Not to say it's pointless to try, but to highlight the fact that it's hard and you're not deficient in any way for struggling with it.

I'm sorry you lost your job because of it.

thechamp

thechamp

I Love Life - Nihilism Is Retarded
May 26, 2023
Personally it was too much social media