• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Total Imbecile

Total Imbecile

Jun 6, 2018
Well tbh theres not much else the average person can do

Reactions: dano6533
C

Caerula

Student
Mar 20, 2018
O I hope when you said influx you didn't have this site in mind... Otherwise I would be really scared...

Reactions: dano6533
CatLover

CatLover

Jun 3, 2018
The most hilarious thing to me is that the people I see posting are always posting numbers in the US. Er, they do realise that there's about 3 million (probably an overexaggeration) other countries out there, right? It's the um, Internet. That not everyone is living in the same one as them? Like me, I'm not, those numbers are useless to me... To me as someone who's travelled extensively it just makes me even more aware of the narrow parameters in which most people think and live their lives, if I'm making any sense. It's all virtue signalling anyway, I doubt any of them actually give a shit. Actually caring about your friends with depression or other mental illness is really messy and hard. I've lost most of my friends because I'm so 'miserable'. I'm sure they've all found some way to blame it on me so they can on believing they're good people and great friends.

Nemiik

Nemiik

May 11, 2018
Kinda insulting too. Pretty much everyone is aware of the hotlines, I dont see why they think spaming them will convince someone to contact them. Do they really think we're that daft we arent aware of the hotlines and stuff that have been shoved down our throats a million times anytime anyone ever brings up the dreaded "s" word.

I guess it's just for their own ego.

It's just like everyone who says "you have my condolences", they almost always dont do shit all and forget the thing happened a week later. But hey they don't have to feel shitty about not caring bc they pretended to.

Or something...

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
And by caring I mean posting suicide hotline numbers on Reddit.

I am very, very careful not to talk about suicide to anyone other than those who're themselves seriously considering it. I've even had other suicidal people lecture me about my irresponsibility or stop associating with me because I was a "bad influence" on them. For merely mentioning that I no longer wanted to live. Talk of suicide today is like talk of witchcraft was in colonial Salem, MA. Just don't do it.

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Kinda insulting too. Pretty much everyone is aware of the hotlines, I dont see why they think spaming them will convince someone to contact them.

I think they (everyone everywhere) keep spamming the hotlines because they'd rather throw useless hotlines out there than ACTUALLY do the work to change society so it's the sort of place more of us want to stick around for. Because that would require they address some of their own behavior. Can't have that.

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Listen, show you care, and be genuinely supportive without calling the cops.
It could save someone. Or atleast make them peaceful about going.

Nooooo! Don't say that! Now you're inconveniencing the people around the suicidal. And we simply can't have that. It's much easier to toss 10-digits (hotline) at a suicidal person--better yet, just plaster the numbers everywhere so you don't even have to ever speak to a gross suicidal person. Because, ya know, if someone wants ta kill themself, they will. There's nothin' the rest of us can do 'bout it anyway so we might as well stop thinking about it.