• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

chlorine

chlorine

I am free, therefore I am lost.
Apr 12, 2019
So, I do not have a diagnosis yet but I've heard from my mother that my possible diagnosis are MDD (certain), bipolar 2 (possible) and BPD with dissociative episodes (probable). I was initially prescribed Fluoxetine 20mg if I remember correctly (Prozac-antidepressant) and Quetiapine 100mg (Seroquel-Atypical antipsychotic). After a month and my current hospitalization they stopped giving me fluoxetine and instead prescribed me quetiapine 300mg and delorazepam (if needed, like in crisis/breakdowns). What is this pharmaceutical therapy consistent with? BPD? Bipolar? I just want to understand what's going on that they're not telling me, and if anyone experiences something similar. For now the meds haven't really helped except for sleep and dissociatiation a bit(not depersonalization tho). What do you think of these drugs? Does anyone know why they stopped giving me fluoxetine and added more quetiapine? Now I just feel more depressed. I don't know what to think and I don't trust anyone here.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
So, I do not have a diagnosis yet but I've heard from my mother that my possible diagnosis are MDD (certain), bipolar 2 (possible) and BPD with dissociative episodes (probable). I was initially prescribed Fluoxetine 20mg if I remember correctly (Prozac-antidepressant) and Quetiapine 100mg (Seroquel-Atypical antipsychotic). After a month and my current hospitalization they stopped giving me fluoxetine and instead prescribed me quetiapine 300mg and delorazepam (if needed, like in crisis/breakdowns). What is this pharmaceutical therapy consistent with? BPD? Bipolar? I just want to understand what's going on that they're not telling me, and if anyone experiences something similar. For now the meds haven't really helped except for sleep and dissociatiation a bit(not depersonalization tho). What do you think of these drugs? Does anyone know why they stopped giving me fluoxetine and added more quetiapine? Now I just feel more depressed. I don't know what to think and I don't trust anyone here.
Bpd should not be treated with medications. It's a combination of being born very sensitive plus having had caregivers who couldn't bond or mirror you properly in infancy, abusive, neglecting, not in tune with the needs of the developing infant/child. Medications will not fix the developmental issues. They might numb your emotions out and make the suffering more tolerable at least in the short term maybe.

I guess the main thing you can do is look for DBT therapy. I found this site that has online classes. People with BPD need to learn coping skills and manage emotions and sensitivity. We don't need to be medicated. I found this online DBT that I'm thinking about trying. I'll add it here. https://emotionallysensitive.com/classes/

chlorine

chlorine

Apr 12, 2019
Bpd should not be treated with medications. It's a combination of being born very sensitive plus having had caregivers who couldn't bond or mirror you properly in infancy, abusive, neglecting, not in tune with the needs of the developing infant/child. Medications will not fix the developmental issues. They might numb your emotions out and make the suffering more tolerable at least in the short term maybe.

I guess the main thing you can do is look for DBT therapy. I found this site that has online classes. People with BPD need to learn coping skills and manage emotions and sensitivity. We don't need to be medicated. I found this online DBT that I'm thinking about trying. I'll add it here. https://emotionallysensitive.com/classes/
Yeah in fact the meds have not helped, I had started therapy (don't know what kind) but now I stopped cause I'm in a hospital, then I'll be institutionalized for like a month unfortunately. I personally don't think I'll recover, at least not completely, since my problem is basically my whole self. The only solution would then be to end myself. So yeah. Thanks for the reply :)

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Yeah in fact the meds have not helped, I had started therapy (don't know what kind) but now I stopped cause I'm in a hospital, then I'll be institutionalized for like a month unfortunately. I personally don't think I'll recover, at least not completely, since my problem is basically my whole self. The only solution would then be to end myself. So yeah. Thanks for the reply :)
As a lifelong sufferer of borderline personality disorder, I feel u :(" it destroyed my life pretty good. I looked for help when I was in my 20's as I was really struggling in life by then. Unfortunately I was never diagnosed correctly and they only pushed pills at me. I quit all the psych meds and feel fine other than dealing with the intensity of my emotions, unstable sense of self, interpersonal difficulties. Good luck, I'm not sure what else to say. Don't take their brain destroying meds if u can help it.

chlorine

chlorine

Apr 12, 2019
As a lifelong sufferer of borderline personality disorder, I feel u :(" it destroyed my life pretty good. I looked for help when I was in my 20's as I was really struggling in life by then. Unfortunately I was never diagnosed correctly and they only pushed pills at me. I quit all the psych meds and feel fine other than dealing with the intensity of my emotions, unstable sense of self, interpersonal difficulties. Good luck, I'm not sure what else to say. Don't take their brain destroying meds if u can help it.
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. For now I'll take the meds because I'm still 17 yo so a minor, and also cause quetiapine kinda helps with sleep and dissociation, not much though and for the rest of the symptoms not at all. Wish you the best.

R

Rez_MbChB

Professional
May 21, 2019
Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. For now I'll take the meds because I'm still 17 yo so a minor, and also cause quetiapine kinda helps with sleep and dissociation, not much though and for the rest of the symptoms not at all. Wish you the best.

From a medical professionals point who also has BPD, best to treat with both. after starting med school i saw a psychologist and was on your typical antidepressants(ssris) for a year and a bit untill a suffered a crisis and managed to self-diagnose and get it confirmed by a psychiatrist. Although best practice says I should have continued with psychotherapy, it was not working well enough for me at the time and I just needed to survive the next 3 and a bit years to get my degree. So i was on medication (quetiapine and DIazepam and mirtazapine) for this which got me through, although heavily sedated and feeling "flat". Now I am on a slightly different cocktail of meds (off-label prescribing at its best) and getting regular psychotherapy.

Its all about what works for you, however at your age I would highly suggest you try and fit some form of psychotherapy into your schedule (youre gonna be experiencing a lot of stressors) and add in some other medications... who knows you might not need to use this site anymore.

P.S not really replying to your comment just wanted to share my experience with BPD