B

beboleaf

Nov 15, 2023
I was at my boyfriend's house tonight and I had too much to drink and I let my feelings slip about being suicidal. It feels like a huge mistake.
He was taking care of me in his bed while I sobered up, and I don't know what came over me but I told him so much about how I've been feeling. He said that he understands and has been in my exact spot.
But when I was facing away from him, he got into my phone, and got my dad's number to tell him that he's worried I'm going to hurt myself. I didn't know until I got home.
I smoothed it over with my folks but my boyfriend knows what I said. I have so much guilt and regrets for saying anything. I wanted to die on my terms and it's my fault for drawing attention to it, sober or not.
I have no idea where to go from here.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: todeswunsch, MeltingBrain, lita-lassi and 1 other person
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
its kinda fucked up he went into your phone and told your dad even if he had good intentions. maybe tell him that repaying your honesty with a rash reaction that involved revealing personal information against your wishes/terms/desires isnt cool and it will likely cause trust issues? sorry this happened to you

Reactions: MeltingBrain and beboleaf
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
not everyone can handle someone telling them their suicidal, much less if they love you. However, if he said he had been in that "spot" i dont get why he would put you in a difficult situation. Its indeed annoying but i am sure it wasnt with bad intentions. Just say you were venting and go slowly from there trying to figure out what you need or want

Reactions: everyone_adores_you, tiger b, MeltingBrain and 1 other person